Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Mindcrime II

Milontas gia to OM 2 se http://www.avopolis.gr/metal/features/default.asp?ID=32

"Q:Θα ήθελες να μας κάνεις μια ενημέρωση σχετικά με το πώς θα είναι ο νέος δίσκος;

A:Εννοείς μουσικά ή στιχουργικά;

Q:Μουσικά...προσπαθώ να το συνδέσω με τα παραπάνω…

A:Εμ, θα έλεγα ότι πλησιάζει κατά κάποιο τρόπο την ενέργεια του “Desert Dance” χωρίς όμως να είμαι σε θέση να πω κάτι πιο συγκεκριμένο."

Hahahaha kala ante geia tote Geoff! Ti mlks anthropos, ton thavmazo aperiorista san tragudisti alla otan petaei teties mlkies ine na trelainesai. RE TO OM 2 THA AKUGETAI SAN TO KOLO-DESERT DANCE?!? DE NTREPESTE LIGO REEEEEE?!?!?!
    "I used to be a sinner used to have my cake and eat it
    They warned me of my fate but I was quite prepared
    To meet it
    You'll go to Hell they smiled at me
    And told me of the roaring fires
    But I was happy living wild
    And fuelling my own desires
    I was a wild man
    Drinking, smoking and messing around with women
    Lots of women
    No, not swimming, w o m e n !!!"

ax.... gia ta $$$ ta kaneis ollaaaa. gia ta lefta den m agapasssss....

den kserw, kapou prepei oi ryche na apofasisoun ti theloun.
    briskontai se bathytath krish. an tous ikanopoioun ta meta promised land, egw paw paso. dioti ola ki ola emena m aresoun 6 kommatia. tough.
    There is a statue of a BUDDA in my driveway
    Rigid and stiff
    That's where the birds shit
    And he deserves it
    Me, like a blade of grass
    I bend profoundly
    No raindrops on me
    The wind blows 'round me

ta spaw ta spaeis ta spaei, spasimpa

E kala to thema einai pos mpros gremos kai piso rema...tora apo ta legomena fenete oti skavoun ton lako tous.
    Me RIVALDO kai GIOVANNI mas kanate TSIMPOUKIA sto LIMANI

Electric Requiem
    E-Retards in advance

TO FANTASMA TOU VAROUXA SAS KINIGA

Periodia me emfanish OLOY to mindcrime kai meta diskos mindcrime II mou bromaei piesh apo etaireia...Poios apo esas de tha paei na to parei otan bgei?????Ego den exo ta 2 teleytaia tous kai standar tha pao na to paro....Anazophrosh tou endiaferontos gyro apo to onoma tous...Etsi egine kai me tous Metallica (St Anger...)Makari na einai h eksairesh pou epibebaionei ton kanona...
    THERE WAS NOTHING...

QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate spoke to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer this week about the group's current tour and their forthcoming CD, the next chapter to the 1988 ground-breaking concept album, "Operation: Mindcrime", tentatively titled "Operation: Mindcrime II". Several excerpts from the interview follow:

On "Operation: Mindcrime":

" 'Operation: Mindcrime' was inspired by the events of the Reagan-Bush era, and a lot of the things that occurred at the time.

"I find it ironic that now we have another Bush in office and we have a lot of the same situations. We have a giant deficit. We're at war again. We have joblessness, and social programs being slashed to the bone. We have schools being attacked and downsized. We have all these things that occurred 20 years ago with the Reagan-Bush administration."

On releasing the sequel to "Operation: Mindcrime":

"We get tons of e-mails, phone calls and letters about how important 'Mindcrime' is to people and what it meant to them, and they say, 'Wouldn't it be great to see it again?' "

"The idea came about because I had been toying with the idea of writing a screenplay for the album. When I got started, I noticed there were a lot of holes in the story and questions to be answered. So as I began writing and filling in the blanks, I realized there was room for a sequel."

On performing a new song from "Operation: Mindcrime II" on the current tour:

"We're still on the fence as to how to present it. We have video and film that accompanies the show, and so we thought, 'Let's take some of the footage to the new song and present it sort of as a movie trailer.' "

"That's always a big challenge because when the audience isn't familiar with something, it can lead to a lackluster response. We're very proud of the new song, so we don't know if our fragile egos could take that."

On "hired gun" Mike Stone (guitar):

"His personality just clicks with everybody. That's so important. You gotta have the right chemistry together. If one person agitates or one doesn't get along with the others, it just doesn't work. Mike has a great sense of humor and keeps everyone light and happy and we're much more of a creative team that way."

On touring musician Michael Igor Delassandra, formerly a composer for the Vatican. (Delassandra directs the accompanying orchestra in select cities, Seattle among them):

"He is joining us on piano, and we've worked up new arrangements on several of the 'Mindcrime' songs, which he'll play on.

On QUEENSRŸCHE's acoustic show at the recent No Vote Left Behind festival encouraging young people to vote and promoting "regime change" in the White House:

"Voting is real important. It's part of being an American, part of being a citizen. I've heard so many people say, 'I never vote.' I don't understand that at all. I can't even relate to it. Voting is part of what makes America special. If you don't vote, you can't complain about anything."

"I think that for anyone who has looked at the performance of this administration, there's no choice but to vote them out. They've failed on every level.

"As a band, we travel the world. And everywhere we go, 'What is going on in America? Why are people supporting this administration? Why is this happening?' And you know, I don't have an answer. It stuns me. It amazes me, and I don't understand why anybody would look at this failure and say, 'Vote him in again.' "

Όλη η συνέντευξη:
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/19318 ... che01.html
    Γιατί δε με θες κυρά μου; Επειδή είμαι ψαράς;

Κάνα νέο έχουμε;

elpizw na mhn einai to teliko ekswfyllo
    + kati prwtapriliatika asteiakia oti den tha to vgaloun telika, me mia eirwnia gia to HITNF, h opoia me eyxaristei.
    YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. YOU ARE NOT BEAUTIFUL OR UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE. YOU'RE THE SAME DECAYING ORGANIC MATTER AS EVERYTHING ELSE. YOU ARE THE ALL-SINGING, ALL-DANCING CRAP OF THE WORLD.

HIPPIE METAL OR NO METAL AT ALL

Nai, kapou to petyxa afto to aisxos.Elpizw na exei allo ekswfyllo ontws. Tha doume.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Lackey

elpizw na mhn einai to teliko ekswfyllo
    + kati prwtapriliatika asteiakia oti den tha to vgaloun telika, me mia eirwnia gia to HITNF, h opoia me eyxaristei.
    Ama bgei to leFko perigramma sto II tha gamaei!
    = = =

= = =

Senior Member Jim Dandy Mangrum's Avatar

gamaei to e3wfyllo, an 8a nai auto
    Anguished eyes of the city of suffering
    Seeking guidance, believing in love
    Some fools who want something for nothing
    Wear the badge of the cowards above...

_UnHoLyMaRtYr_

Παλιό αλλά μιας και μπήκα που μπήκα στο φόρουμ ας το βάλω:

:: 10.13.05 ::

MINDCRIME ART DIRECTOR BACK FOR II

Reiner Design Concepts, the art direction company that did all the artwork for Operation: Mindcrime, has been signed back on for Mindcrime II. Production has already begun and we expect artwork by the end of the year. On a similar note... Geoff Tate confirmed the fact that Mindcrime II will NOT be the name of the album once released. More to come!

Δεν είναι αυτό του Μπαντιλάκη λοιπόν. Ελπίζω όλα να βαδίζουν τόσο αργά για καλό και μόνο.

The following update has been posted at QUEENSRYCHE's official website:

Queensrÿche returned to the studio this summer to record the long-anticipated sequel to 1988’s acclaimed concept album Operation: Mindcrime. Praised by critics and certified platinum, the original remained on Billboard’s album chart for more than a year and its dynamic music and powerful message still resonate today. Rhino Records helps unravel the mysteries of the original with Operation: Mindcrime II. The album is available March 14 at regular physical and digital retail outlets and at www.rhino.com for a suggested retail price of $18.98.

Operation: Mindcrime II contains a 15-song story and is performed by the Seattle-based quintet – singer and chief songwriter Geoff Tate; guitarists Michael Wilton and Mike Stone; bassist Eddie Jackson, and drummer Scott Rockenfield.

Tate says the current political and social climate inspired him to revisit the storyline. “I left the original open-ended with the intent to come back with a sequel to finish the story up,” he says. “Considering where we are today and how little things have changed, it was too ironic not to continue the story.”

Operation: Mindcrime’s intriguing and complex plot revolves around Dr. X, a political puppet master who brainwashes Nikki, the story’s main character, to assassinate corrupt public figures. The story also includes Nikki’s lover, Sister Mary. A former teenage prostitute who becomes a nun, Sister Mary is murdered mysteriously, leaving the cliffhanger “Who Killed Sister Mary?”

Set 20 years after the original, Operation: Mindcrime II explores Nikki’s fate after being released from prison and reveals the identity of Mary’s killer. “I tried to put myself in Nikki’s shoes and imagine what it would be like for him to come back to society after spending 20 years in jail stewing about what happened to him,” Tate says. “I became fascinated with the concept of revenge and what that would do to a person like Nikki. The story is ultimately about how Nikki wrestles with his conflicted emotions. On one side, his base instincts are pushing him to kill those who wronged him. On the other side, his conscience–represented by the spirit of Sister Mary – urges him to learn from his past mistakes and find salvation.”

Earlier this year Queensrÿche launched a sold-out tour featuring the original Operation: Mindcrime performed in its entirety with actors on stage portraying the characters alongside the band. Tate says the band plans to launch a tour in 2006 that will feature a stage performance of both Mindcrimes in their entirety. “The actors on stage with us add a new dimension to the music,” he says. “It’s different than your typical rock show, but the audiences really got into the Mindcrime I tour. It’s exciting to have the opportunity to combine both albums into one show. It’s going to be epic.”

Operation: Mindcrime II will feature the following tracks: 'I'm American', 'One Foot In Hell', 'Hostage', 'The Hands', 'Speed Of Light', 'Signs Say Go (Will I Surrender?)', 'Re-Arrange You', 'The Chase', 'A Murderer', 'Circles', 'If I Could Change It All', 'An Intentional Confrontation', 'A Junkie's Blues (Everything Will Be Alright)', 'Fear City Slide', 'All The Promises'.

Το αρχικό μούδιασμα έχει αρχίσει να φεύγει και μόνο η προσμονή του ότι θα βγάλουν νέο δίσκο οι Ryche με φτιάχνει ως ιδέα.

Οι μεγάλες προσδοκίες κρύβουν και μεγάλο ρίσκο αλλά τουλάχιστον ξέρω ότι δεν θα έχουμε να κάνουμε με μια ακόμη χρυσή μετριότητα (για τα δεδομένα των Ryche πάντα) όπως ήταν το Q2K και το Tribe.

Φαίνεται να το έχουν δει το όλο θέμα σωστά, δε θέλω να ακούσω τα 2 νέα tracks και δεν θέλω να το δω προκατειλημένα ως συνέχεια του Operation Mindcrime μονοδιάστατα. Σχεδόν κανένας δίσκος δεν μπορεί να συγκριθεί στα ίσα με το Mindcrime.

Keep spreading the disease....
    Give me a shot to remember
    And you can take all the pain away from me
    A kiss and I will surrender
    The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead
    A light to burn all the empires
    So bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be
    In love with all of these vampires
    So you can leave like the sane abandoned me

Αργεί γαμώτο.

Senior Member Jim Dandy Mangrum's Avatar

to kalo prama, argei na ginei