Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned Cartoons

Default Banned Cartoons

Poia exete dei eseis?
    Θες να κάνεις τη ζωή σου καλύτερη; Σβήσε τα περιττά σου mp3 (και προιόντα συναφών απωλεστικών ή μη αλγορίθμων).

Afou einai banned.
    Life begins at 45°.

yparxoun kati banned disney kata ti diarkeia tou b'pagkosmiou polemou

den kserw omws ti ennooun me "banned"
    Vielen Dank für alles was mal war

Kati san ta apagoreymena rempetika mallon.
    Life begins at 45°.

Quote Originally Posted by enitharmon
    yparxoun kati banned disney kata ti diarkeia tou b'pagkosmiou polemou

den kserw omws ti ennooun me "banned"

Αυτό με τον Donald + SS. Πολύ γαμάτη φάση για "εγκυκλοπαιδικούς" λόγους.
    The_Nerd, τι είχες κατά νου κάνοντας αυτό το thread;
    Feed my fear

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz MoRmEnGiL's Avatar

nerd dwke kana paradeigma

My morning sun is the drug that brings me near
    To the childhood I lost, replaced by fear

Ayrio 8a postarw kai 8a deite. Nai, panw katw apo ayta poy leei h kopelia panw, alla exw kati entelws space!!!! 8a deite caps kai 8a kalavete.
    Exw kai kati Tex Avery banned ta opoia 8ymamai oti ta vlepa pitsrikas kai twra ta exoyn apagoreysei fora partida. An 8elete kanw post me afierwma sto ka8ena (me screen caps, kana samplaki isws), exoyn trelo gelio.
    Θες να κάνεις τη ζωή σου καλύτερη; Σβήσε τα περιττά σου mp3 (και προιόντα συναφών απωλεστικών ή μη αλγορίθμων).

[PROSOXH TO PARAKATW EINAI VARY GIA 56K USERS - SORRY GUYS]

8a kanoyme loipon thn arxh me ton sympa8estato Popeye kai to "Spinasch For Britain".

Ti einai loipon ayto poy tromazei ton filo mas?

Tipota allo apo ena nazistiko ypovryxio toy opoioy oi enoikoi einai 2 a3iwmatikoi oi opoioi pernoyn thn wra toys kanontas to fasistiko xairetismo. Akoloy8ei mia epi8esh se enan glaro, ena germaniko ypovryxio [snipped].

Meta ormane sth varka toy popeye thn opoia kovoyn sth mesh opws mporeite na deite sta parakatw slide.

O popeye prospa8ei na swsei to polytimo gia toys vretanoys spanaki alla vrisketai sto vy8o ths 8alassas enw oi germanoi giortazoyn th nikh toys.

O Popahs synerxetai, trwei to spanaki toy kai ormaei!!!!

Kai egw ginetai ths poytanas: Kraygazontas "Heil Hitler" O popeye stelnei toys Germanarades sto diaolo kai oikeiopoieitai to ypovryxio gia na paei to spanaki pisw.

Sto dromo omws synantaei omilxh...

Kai etsi teleiwnei to kartoyn, me enan germano na xairetaei nazistika ton popeye ape3w apo to 10 Downing Street (prw8ypoyrgikh katoikia).

Ti na pw paidia, poly soyrrealistiko to en logw kartoyn, xyma sklhrh propaganda kai swro ta nazistika symvola ... Ara Banned loipon

Gamane ta WWII banned cartoons.
    = = =

= = =

exw kamposa tou disney tetxia

kai ta prwta tou disney me tous mavrakous einai banned
    σηκωσες λιγο την μπλουζιτσα και υποψιαστηκα οτι εισαι ο φρικ. Σε λιγα δευτερολεπτα ειχα μαθει την τραγικη αληθεια.Δεν ξερω αν προσεξες την απογοητευση στo προσωπο μου..
    http://stresss.deviantart.com
    http://www.myspace.com/posteke
    Yesterday 19:29 <menumission> de mporeis na kaneis ignore ton eauto sou sto tsat molis to dokimasa

στο θεωρητικό παρκούρ δίνω οστά και σάρκα,απο εμπόδιο σ΄ εμπόδιο πετάγομαι για πλάκα Άκου τον Φόρη and don't worry

Έχω ένα banned της Disney εγώ κάπου 10 λεπτά που δείχνει την εκπαίδευση των Ναζί από την παιδική τους ηλικία. Γεμάτο "Sieg heil" μέσα(ολόκληρη τάξη δημοτικού να το σπαμάρει μπροστά από πορτρέτο του Χίτλερ), με μια ωραία παραλλαγή του παραμυθιού της ωραίας κοιμωμένης(ο καλός ιππότης Αδόλφος σώζει τη Γερμανία από την κακιά μάγισσα Δημοκρατία κλπ) και τέλος με μύνημα στο που καταλήγει ο κάθε Ναζί που ζει στην πραγματικότητα δέσμιος των ανωτέρων του.
    213374U

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Avenger
    Έχω ένα banned της Disney εγώ κάπου 10 λεπτά που δείχνει την εκπαίδευση των Ναζί από την παιδική τους ηλικία. Γεμάτο "Sieg heil" μέσα(ολόκληρη τάξη δημοτικού να το σπαμάρει μπροστά από πορτρέτο του Χίτλερ), με μια ωραία παραλλαγή του παραμυθιού της ωραίας κοιμωμένης(ο καλός ιππότης Αδόλφος σώζει τη Γερμανία από την κακιά μάγισσα Δημοκρατία κλπ) και τέλος με μύνημα στο που καταλήγει ο κάθε Ναζί που ζει στην πραγματικότητα δέσμιος των ανωτέρων του.
    Katse daskale, psaxnw ta DVD kai paizei na postarw caps

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mdisneyfascist.html

Was Walt Disney a fascist?

12-Apr-2005

Dear Straight Dope:

I've heard rumors on and off for years about Walt Disney. I've heard suggestions that he was a fascist, a communist, a racist and an antisemite. The first two are of course contradictory. Web searches didn't help to straighten out anything in my mind. Was he a political nut? Did he hate blacks and Jews? Or are these typical malicious lies we like to tell about great men so we don't have to feel so unaccomplished? --Joseph Kenner, North Hollywood, CA

SDSTAFF Eutychus replies:

Hold it there, hoss. That's a lot of accusations for one letter. Let's try to break it down a bit and see if we can sort some things out here.

One of the more curious charges against Disney was that he was a secret Nazi. A few white supremacist groups still cherish this notion. Their best evidence is a misreading of the short film "Der Fuehrer's Face" (1943), in which Donald is seen in a Nazi uniform, swastikas and all. In the end we find out it's all a nightmare, but that doesn't dissuade the racists. A lesser-known short sometimes cited is 1932's "The Wayward Canary," in which Mickey is seen using a cigarette lighter with a swastika painted on the side.

This is all circumstantial at best, but other suggestive details have come to light. In 1933, the German American Bund was founded by Fritz Kuhn. Kuhn was evidently quite a character--he had met Hitler in the early thirties and reportedly was profoundly loathed by the Nazi leader. An association of German immigrants to America, the Bund had a definite pro-Nazi slant. Disney animator Art Babbitt claimed his boss had a strong interest in, if not outright sympathy for, the Bund:

In the immediate years before we entered the War there was a small, but fiercely loyal, I suppose legal, following of the Nazi party . . . There were open meetings, anybody could attend and I wanted to see what was going on myself. On more than one occasion I observed Walt Disney and [Disney's lawyer] Gunther Lessing there, along with a lot of prominent Nazi-afflicted Hollywood personalities. Disney was going to meetings all the time.

The German filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl, whose documentaries in the mid-30s had helped to glorify the Nazis, claimed that "after Kristallnacht [1938], she approached every studio in Hollywood looking for work. No studio head would even screen her movies except Walt Disney. He told her he admired her work but if it became known that he was considering hiring her, it would damage his reputation."

For the most part Disney doesn't appear to have had strong political views--his politics seemed to turn on whatever it took to keep his studio going. It's likely his interest in the German American Bund sprang from a desire to forge relationships with Germany for possible film distribution there. On the other hand, there was a lot of antisemitic feeling in the Disney studio. While no one can specifically attribute bias to Disney himself, Jewish people were ready fodder for the animators' gags and Disney approved every scene in every short the studio made. In one scene in the original version of "The Three Little Pigs," the Big Bad Wolf comes to the door dressed as a stereotypical Jewish peddler. Disney changed the scene after complaints from Jewish groups. They didn't catch them all, though. In the short "The Opry House" Mickey Mouse is seen dressed and dancing as a Hasidic Jew.

Disney did have heartfelt opinions about a few things--he was virulently anti-communist and he was suspicious of unions, much like other studio heads of his day. In 1941, a strike was called against the Disney studios by animators and other artists dissatisfied that they got no onscreen credit for their work and were paid less than animators at other studios. Walt felt his company was more of a family and that the camaraderie compensated for substandard wages. He considered the strike a result of the "growing Communist conspiracy" in the United States. The dispute ended bitterly and hardened Disney's conservative and anti-communist attitudes.

Eventually he was called before the House Unamerican Activities Committee as a friendly witness, naming names of suspected communists in Hollywood. (The complete transcript of his testimony can be read at www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cold.war/episodes/ ... isney.html.) There is some inconclusive evidence that he might have been an FBI informant. However, this allegation comes from Marc Eliot's book Walt Disney: America's Dark Prince, which, while largely factual, does have parts that could use a good debunking. So take this with a large dose of salt.

Sources

Watts, Steven, The Magic Kingdom: Walt Disney and the American Way of Life, 1997

Eliot, Marc, Walt Disney: Hollywood's Dark Prince, 1993

Cohen, Karl F., Forbidden Animation: Censored Cartoons and Blacklisted Animators in America, 1997

Thomas, Bob, Walt Disney: An American Original, 1976

--SDSTAFF Eutychus
    Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
    = = =

= = =

episis alla tosa epixeirimata tha sou poun ti kalos anthrwpos itan o gero-Walt. kaneis den egine nazi vlepontas tis tainies tou.

Episis alles epoxes tote. Tote legane kai "nigger". Twra tha se kremasoun apo to agalma tis eleutherias etsi kai to peis