Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Magnet News.

Default Monster Magnet News.

Monster Magnet are currently working on a DVD release as well as reissues of both Spine of God (1991) and Tab (1992) CDs featuring re-recorded bonus tracks. The band, who are expected to appear at several summer festivals, will begin the songwriting process for the follow-up to 2004`s Monolithic Baby! later in the year. A European "unplugged" tour is also in the works. In addition, Magnet frontman Dave Wyndorf is planning on recording his first-ever solo album.

In other news, ToplessRadio.com has launched and is airing three interview segments with Wyndorf. Also included are "Monolithic" and the uncensored version of "Unbroken (Hotel Baby)" in numerous half-hour music video shows, featured as lead videos.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

kairos htan kyriws gia ta re-issues giati to spine of god de vrisketai (se fysiologikh timh..)

We are left alone staring into the abyss, into the laughing face of madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonian
    Καλά που υπάρχει και το ER και ενημερωνόμαστε για την ποιοτική μουσική.

Default Re: Monster Magnet News.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoul
    A European "unplugged" tour is also in the works. In addition, Magnet frontman Dave Wyndorf is planning on recording his first-ever solo album.
    τι σκατά πάει να πει αυτό το "unplugged"?...
    για το σόλο του Wyndorf, έχω ακούσει ότι θα είναι ψυχεδελο-ροκ φάση με γυναικεία φωνητικά
    επίσης, στην πρόσφατη συναυλία τους, την έπεσα σα λυσσάρα groupie-wannabe στoυς Tim Cronin + Ed Mundell, οι οποίοι μου είχαν μιλήσει και οι δύο για τους Cougar, το συγκρότημα που ετοίμαζε ο Mundell, ο οποίος μόλις είχε αποχωρήσει από τους Atomic Bitchwax (για τους οποίους έλεγε ότι δεν περίμενε να του συμπεριφερθούν με τόσο άσχημο τρόπο, αφού ενώ είχε φύγει από την μπάντα εκείνοι έκαναν promotion της περιοδείας σαν "Ed Mundell's Atomic Bitchwax" δείχνοντας μου μάλιστα ένα flyer)... για αυτούς λοιπόν, δεν έχει ακουστεί απολύτως τπτ
    ~
    "Why didn't it kill him?" she said.
    "Unforgivably sloppy workmanship at the hand grenade factory," I said.
    ~

I'm announcing with deep regret that Phil Caivano, guitarist, singer and my long time friend has decided to "move on" from Monster Magnet.
    Phil joined the band in 1998 and has been a solid contributor since day one. No one I know has ever been more dedicated to his craft. He is a unique and talented individual who excels at everything he does and I wish him all the best.

Phil himself will let you know what he's doing in his own good time, but for the record, this is an amicable split.

Needless to say, there is only one Phil Caivano so replacing him is impossible. However Magnet is auditioning guitarists to fill the rhythm slot and I'll let you all know what's up. In the meantime,I'll be playing guitar.This change in line up will in no way effect the output of Monster Magnet, as I am writing the new album now and things are on schedule.

Phil is and will always be welcome as a member of the Monster Magnet family.

Rock is alive! Love, Dave.

http://www.monstermagnet.net

paei kiautos..

We are left alone staring into the abyss, into the laughing face of madness.

Quote Originally Posted by WoTaN

βαριόμουν να κάνω νέο thread, αλλά νομίζω ότι όλο και κάποιον άλλο θα ενδιαφέρει...

Lotus: OK, what’s the official story on Ed leaving? Was it really a case of him being too busy in Monster Magnet?
    Chris: The “unoffical story": rampant drug abuse, chronic alchoholism, rockstar bullshit, bruised egos, shitty record deals, crazy ex-girlfriends, depression, money, and simply knowing each other all to well. And those were the good times. The “official story": Ed was too busy with Magnet
    από Atomic Bitchwax συνέντευξη στο stonerrock.com
    complete story
    ~
    "Why didn't it kill him?" she said.
    "Unforgivably sloppy workmanship at the hand grenade factory," I said.
    ~

MONSTER MAGNET Tour Cancelled - Official Statement

The battle with one's inner demons is the most personal fight any of us can undertake. The fight is at times a lonely, confusing journey. On the evening of February 27, Dave Wyndorf suffered a set back in his own fight and was hospitalized due to a drug overdose. His full recovery is expected. We ask that all those he has encountered over the years or simply affected by his music to take a moment to think good thoughts of and for him. With the grace of God and those who love him we are all confident that Dave will rebound from this set back and continue to play and make great rock and roll.

Monster Magnet Management

skata ki aposkata

gamw to kearato mou klp
    "i speak without reservation from what i know and who i am. i do so with the understanding that all people should have the right to offer their voice to the chorus whether the result is harmony or dissonance, the worldsong is a colorless dirge without the differences that distinguish us,

Η περιοδεία με τους Witchcraft ακυρώθηκε ε;

skaaaaata^2
    YOU DONT FIND YOUR WAY, THE WAY FINDS YOU...

wraia,de 8a aisthanomai tipseis pou 8a protimousa red sparowes adi giaftous
    xoxo.
    Μπλε

Quote Originally Posted by regularpaul
    With the grace of God and those who love him we are all confident that Dave will rebound from this set back and continue to play and make great rock and roll.
    A new Dave Mustaine?

Μάλλον αυτή η φάση που περνάνε είναι πιο δύσκολη απ'ότι μπορούμε να καταλάβουμε οπότε ας μην είμαστε τόσο καυστικοί σε τέτοιες περιπτώσεις.

Κατά τα άλλα, σκατά όπως προαναφέρθηκε...
    Give me a shot to remember
    And you can take all the pain away from me
    A kiss and I will surrender
    The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead
    A light to burn all the empires
    So bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be
    In love with all of these vampires
    So you can leave like the sane abandoned me

Καμία έκπληξη...

■■

Senior Member Sotos_The_Tequiler's Avatar

κάνε ψαλίδι θα γίνει ζημιά!