Thread: Lineage game gets its own trojan

Default Lineage game gets its own trojan

Been playing popular online multiplayer game Lineage lately? Then I hope you don't have a virus on your machine. Security experts have confirmed that a Trojan designed to steal usernames and passwords from players of the game has begun to surface.

The virus, called LegMir-Y, sits on the host PC and attempts to steal players' login details. There's really nothing more impressive about it than that - its just a boring old virus, but what's nasty about it is its targeting of gamers, as well as the notion that it may be stealing registration keys and even data from user's hard drives as well.

"It is more and more common for the analysts in our virus lab to discover that, as well as causing disruption, a piece of new malware is designed to steal registration keys, passwords and data from players of computer games." - Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant at Sophos.

As always, Techspot recommends that you install anti-virus software, and keep it up to date. You should regularly check for patches and updates for your OS which may protect it against security problems, and you should install a personal firewall program such as ZoneAlarm.

source: Lineage

I dream of electric sheep... ok just kidding that was Blade Runner.

Παρόμοια keyloggers έχουν εμφανιστεί για πολλά διαδικτυακά παιχνίδια, δεν πρόκειται για καμιά ιδιαίτερη πρωτοτυπία.
    No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Kai ti tha kanoun ta antivirus? Einai poli dyskolo na entopisoun trojans. Ektos kai an aftos einai lame...alla einai se ena lame game, opotes...

Arkei na mhn ginei kati tetoio me to WoW (deggial mhn milhseis se fonefsa)
    "What's wrong with archaeologists?"
    -"I'm a time traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologists"

Χαχα, σοβαρά, για το WoW, το παμπάλαιο κόλπο (oldest trick in the book κι έτσι) του ψεύτικου e-mail ap'to tech support που ζητάει username και password (εννοείται πως καμιά εταιρία ποτέ, ΠΟΤΕ, δε θα ζητούσε password μέσω e-mail), θα πιάσει για το 80% των παικτών (επειδή αυτό το 80% είτε θα είναι n00bz είτε 12χρονα, χοχοχο).
    No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Deggial
    Χαχα, σοβαρά, για το WoW, το παμπάλαιο κόλπο (oldest trick in the book κι έτσι) του ψεύτικου e-mail ap'to tech support που ζητάει username και password (εννοείται πως καμιά εταιρία ποτέ, ΠΟΤΕ, δε θα ζητούσε password μέσω e-mail), θα πιάσει για το 80% των παικτών (επειδή αυτό το 80% είτε θα είναι n00bz είτε 12χρονα, χοχοχο).
    MAKARI THEE MOU, MAKARI

Alla ta pitsirikia einai ponhra, den ksereis
    "What's wrong with archaeologists?"
    -"I'm a time traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologists"