Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stratovarious anyone?

A new song from the forthcoming Stratovarius album has been suspended by the band’s own record label, Sanctuary Music German Division. The opening intro of that song was supposed to start with the speech of Hitler. According to Timo Tolkki who points out the song is completely anti-Hitler and therefore appeals to the freedom of the art. Tolkki adds that he has always been interested in Hitler and what made Hitler become such a monster, the song is as anti-facist as possible. The lyrics of the song has been sent to the censorship department of the Ministry of the Interior Of Germany, which will make a decision about the legality of the song.

&

According to an article in the Finnish daily newspaper Iltalehti, STRATOVARIUS' record label is refusing to allow the group to release a newly recorded track featuring a sampled speech by Adolf Hitler.

The song, entitled "Hitler", was recently recorded by the group for inclusion on their next album. However, some of the executives at the German branch of the band's record label, Sanctuary, are objecting to the song's lyrical content and are threatening to pull the song from the album's final track listing.

"I won't give up on the song," Tolkki told Iltalehti. "This is a matter of principle.

"The German Interior Ministry has formed a branch dedicated to preventing youth from being exposed to the Nazi ideology. Our manager sent this special branch the lyrics to the song and the intro to be used in the beginning of the track [containing Hitler's speech]. It is up to them to judge if it is acceptable for release or not. If the Ministry sees this song as inappropriate, I will, of course, refrain from releasing it, and I will record a new version of the track that is acceptable. If, on the other hand, the song is found to be 'legal,' the record company should not have the right to limit my freedom of expression."

Tolkki says that he is certain the Ministry won't have anything against the song.

"It's as strongly against Hitler as a song can be," he claimed.

To prove this, Tolkki read the song's lyrics to the Iltalehti reporter. In the song, Hitler is described as a monster who spread fear across the world.

"These issues have to be discussed," Tolkki explained.

Tolkki said that he has been interested in Hitler-related literature for a long time.

"I have been interested in Hitler since I was a teenager," he said. "As far as I can tell, every child is innocent when born into this world. I'm interested in finding out what happens to turn an innocent child into a Hitler-type figure."

Tolkki said that he doesn't know yet how long it will take for the German Interior Ministry to make a decision regarding the song. However, he believes that it won't delay the making of the group's new album.

"This shouldn't affect that [the recording process for the new album]," he stated confidently. "I believe that we will get the clearance to release the song as it is. [This subject matter is something] that you must be able to talk about."

■■

eilikrina tha to proseksie kaneis an to allaksoun se stiller ?!
    kai na baloun kana anekdoto ?
    There is a statue of a BUDDA in my driveway
    Rigid and stiff
    That's where the birds shit
    And he deserves it
    Me, like a blade of grass
    I bend profoundly
    No raindrops on me
    The wind blows 'round me

ta spaw ta spaeis ta spaei, spasimpa

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    Quote Originally Posted by BLi
    [zER]Kat'arxas einai priest. Ayto to topothetei aytomata "below average". To "well" prepei na to kerdisan me to spathi tous.
    Kat'arxas, oi Priest aselgoyn panw sta erythra soy aimosfairia, AMOYSE. Triboyn ta eyaisthhta merh toys panw sto kranio soy (to opoio kai diapistwnei oti goystarei karga) kai feygoyn me to derma soy rammeno kamparntina kai membranes gia tis kases toy Travis.

En synexeia,

Telos, pare ki ena filaki :* kai mathe epiteloys apo moysikh. Provato.
    σηκωσες λιγο την μπλουζιτσα και υποψιαστηκα οτι εισαι ο φρικ. Σε λιγα δευτερολεπτα ειχα μαθει την τραγικη αληθεια.Δεν ξερω αν προσεξες την απογοητευση στo προσωπο μου..
    http://stresss.deviantart.com
    http://www.myspace.com/posteke
    Yesterday 19:29 <menumission> de mporeis na kaneis ignore ton eauto sou sto tsat molis to dokimasa

στο θεωρητικό παρκούρ δίνω οστά και σάρκα,απο εμπόδιο σ΄ εμπόδιο πετάγομαι για πλάκα Άκου τον Φόρη and don't worry

Defunct Economist

The lyrics of the song has been sent to the censorship department of the Ministry of the Interior Of Germany, which will make a decision about the legality of the song
    afto den einai o orismos tou fasismou omos?
    Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist.
    J. M. Keynes.

orea egw mporei na thelw na mamo-xristiasw s ean disko.... einai pithano na ma afhsoun - i na mhn ton logokrinoun apogoreusoun ?
    kati paromoio ki edw. einai arketa akanthwdes thema i belive sth germania, emena me eixan spasei sto ksylo otan eixa pei se mia ypallhlo tis lufthansa oti einia lesbia twn SS.
    There is a statue of a BUDDA in my driveway
    Rigid and stiff
    That's where the birds shit
    And he deserves it
    Me, like a blade of grass
    I bend profoundly
    No raindrops on me
    The wind blows 'round me

ta spaw ta spaeis ta spaei, spasimpa

Stratovarius επανένωση!! χώνει!!

χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει χώνει !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ο_ο
    True Metal Or No Metal At All

To marketin plan tis Sanctuary paei mia xara...
    Ti exoume na akousoume mexri na vgei o diskos.
    Give me a shot to remember
    And you can take all the pain away from me
    A kiss and I will surrender
    The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead
    A light to burn all the empires
    So bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be
    In love with all of these vampires
    So you can leave like the sane abandoned me

Όχι ότι θα ενδιαφέρει και πολλούς εδώ, αλλά μιας και το πέτυχα...

[size=7]STRATOVARIUS To Begin Recording New Album This Weekend - Feb. 23, 2007

Finnish melodic metallers STRATOVARIUS have issued the following update:

"In two days we are entering Sonic Pump Studios [in Helsinki] to record our 12th album. J
    Deep in the night
    underneath the darkest skies
    searching for a sign or some distant light
    Screaming yet unheard
    repeating every line
    and every final word

They remain, they remain
    you still remain
    All these words and memories
    and everything you were to me
    they remain, they remain
    you still remain