Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem me int connection

egw exw ta xp pro me to sp1 kai den eixa pote kanena prob

Kala mh sygkrineis ta xp me ta 98.. siga mh ta sygkrinoume kai me ta 3.1 naoum kai ta vgaloume koryfaia epeidh einai kalytera

Apo apopsh statherothtas kai mono (gia home users, de vazo pio "epaggelmatika").. kai safos prokeitai gia th gnomh mou apo thn empeiria mou:

1. 2k
    2. XP
    3. 98SE
    4. ME

Vasika sthn idia seira tha ta evaza akoma ki an ta sygkriname kai se allous tomeis. Isos ta 2k/XP na epairnan ligo xamhlotero vathmo mono oson afora th symvatothta.

To conclude, epi 3-4 xronia trexo 3 diaforetika systhmata me 2k (to ena eks'ayton 24/7 online, me ena restart ana vdomada to poly, me oti synepagetai ayto) kai den exo kanei format mia fora.
    Life begins at 45°.

uhm vasika den synekrina ta 98 me ta xp apla ithela na po oti den einai toso xalia oso isxyrizontai kapoioi,metaksy ton opoion ki ego paliotera.
    auta.
    san perivalon safws protimo ta 98 pantos

Moro mou se parekshghsa

Vasika ta sixainomai anyway ta XP kai de tha empisteyomoun to systhma mou pano tous. Poly fortomena kai poly.. ehm.. polyxroma. Kai gia na mh milao ston aera, paratheto 2-3 posts pou vrhka se gnosta computer fora. Kai ta 2 leitourgika vasizontai ston pyrhna ton NT pantos. Ta 2000 kernel-wise einai ta NT 5.0 eno ta XP einai ta 5.1.

* "98: too unstable for regular use. old. I wouldn't use it anymore for anything
    2000: by far the best of the 3. I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I've never once had a problem with a game. The only problems I'm aware of are with old, old games (Half Life era seem to work fine), in my opinion the Win2k is bad for games argument is a fallacy. Anything new will undoubtedly work fine.
    XP: a good OS, but in my opinion not as good as 2k. it feels less stable and more clumsy to me. i hate the interface and it glosses over some important issues you should be aware of"

* "98se - good gamming
    2K - stable
    XP - not as good as 98se for games and not as stable as 2K but a good merg of both."

* "My windows machines run windows 2000 (and a laptop running xp). I have found windows 2000 to be the best of the 3 operating systems listed.

I play a great number of games and have never experienced problems (except with MS-DOS games such as tomb raider, etc.). HL2, Doom3, etc. will all run on windows 2000 and xp (since xp and 2k are essentially the same OS).

XP seems much more unstable and assumes you know nothing most of the time.
    2000 is extremely resilliant to viruses if you just remember to have a "User" or " Power User" account for every-day use and have a secure password for Administrator. I run things like my web-browser and e-mail client as a different user that is allowed to read most of my files -- which means that a virus targeted at the e-mail client or web-browser related things cannot delete or corrupt most of my files. Use the RunAs service for this.

You shouldn't have problems with the majority of exploits, however, with any windows operating system, as long as you enable automatic update download & installation! Windows 2000 is very stable (for windows) and will rarely crash itself (although some applications that run within it may sometimes crash) under normal use."

* "In my opinion, I think Windows Xp is probably the best. A friend of mine said that even with 128MB of RAM, Windows 2000 still went at a snail's pace. However, during the 2 days I used it, it worked fine with only 64BM of RAM. I don't know, but I think XP would be a good choice just for the Fast User Switching (as you did mention that it would be a family computer). Each person can have their preferences (well, to a point) and stuff. On the other hand, Windows 2000 do too.
    Anyway, I'd rather WindowsXP."

* "I'm not sure why there is so much hatred and mistrust towards Windows XP over 2000. Lets not forget that XP runs off the 2000/NT kernel. 98 SE isn't bad, however outdated. Newer software technologies like .NET framework and the upcoming DirectX 10 have a hazy outlook for 98 or ME.

2000 is a great OS, but it has gaming compatability issues, even with the gaming update that Microsoft provides. 2000 is slightly more difficult to recover from a serious system crash also (i.e. installing a bogus ASPI driver). XP will take the most memory of the 3, however. XP's compatability for older software beats the crap out of 2000's. "
    Life begins at 45°.

meta apo ola auta mallon tha valo linux

Linux για home-use είναι παντελώς άχρηστο. Το είχα στον υπολογιστή μου 3-4 χρόνια για επαγγελματικούς σκοπούς και προσπάθησα μανιωδώς να το κάνω το κύριο λειτουργικό που να χρησιμοποιώ (να γράφω doc αρχεία εκεί, calendar, να σερφάρω απ'το linux, κ.λ.π.). Αλλά μάταια. Τα πάντα στα Windows τα έκανα σαφώς γρηγορότερα (και το OpenOffice σαφώς ακόμα δε φτάνει το MS Office).
    No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I second that. Kai ektos aytou de tha antekseis pano apo mhna an den ksereis arketa pragmatakia pano se ayto (den einai XP ;P).
    Life begins at 45°.

de thelo na sas stenaxoriso,alla nai to eipa eironika
    sorry

Το ξέρω πως το είπες ειρωνικά, απλά το σχολιάζω γιατί είναι αρκετοί που το λένε και σοβαρά.
    No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.