Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's Spice up to?

Default What's Spice up to?

Hail to thee,
    Spice was god when in Spiritual Beggars, he was god when in Aeon, the same when in Seagrave. Spice is god now, no matter what!Many of you must wonder why he dropped SB. I also do. I have no answers. So don't wonder and accept it. Who needs fuckin' reasons? JB rules after all...
    But what is Spice doing these days? After the somehow disappointing "Simsalabim" with the Mushroom River Band, we haven't heard much of him, have we?
    Well, he is with a new thrash metal band called Kayser, including loacal guitar hero Fredrik Finnander(he was on Aeon and Seagrave with Kryddan) and former Soilwork members.They recorded a demo which I eagerly await and are on the hunt for a label.As soon as I listen to it I will post my thoughts.Til then keep it going mates...
    Bukowski,
    Monday morning I open a beer and light a cigar, put my pen to paper and write, I hate you all.
    www.insidecharmers.com

Spice sure rules tha planet man!
    I am very anxious to listen to any mushroom river band lp's, but i can't seem to find them anywhere!Which label are they on?I hope they have a good distribution deal..

Bring it on
    The Band is Playing...

Hey Jedi,
    the first one, "Music From The World Beyond" is on Meteor City, so it can be pretty obscure by now. The second one, "Simsalabim" being on Century Media must be no pro for you to find. Personally, I strongly suggest the debut. Killer!
    Skal,
    Monday morning I open a beer and light a cigar, put my pen to paper and write, I hate you all.
    www.insidecharmers.com

Hail in metal,
    it's been a couple of weeks now that I was kindly sent a six track demo by Kayser...which well doesn't sound like a demo at all. The music owes much to Slayer, early Metallica, Exodus and Megadeth, has cool grooves and seventies solos, with the charming street vocs of God Spice...more to come. If they don't get a deal soon, I will cut off my cock and sacrifice it to the White Goddess of Desire and Lust. Actually,I will do so no matter how...
    Skal,
    www.insidecharmers.com

hahah the ending was lousy, epic. so, the few I listened to that night at Buddy's, was cool. Too old-fashion thrash style for our times but sounded cool, Spice goes his way...

■■

Hail and Kill!
    I got some fresh news on Kayser, thanks to Spice's letter. Well, afetr he's moved from Helsingborg to Angelsholm, so did their drummer from Stockholm. This way it will be easy for the group to work together.They plan to record a full length album due for March...let's see!
    Spice no longer is a part of Mushroom River Band!He decided his heart no longer is with them...
    More cool news to come.
    Skal,
    www.insidecharmers.com

... and this will be steady & final I hope, as it is Spice's band this time, isn't it? let's see

■■

I don't think it's Spice' s band, however he started it...
    Hopefully, there will soon come better news...if ya know what I mean!
    Heavy shit,
    P.S: Know you're Lying...
    www.insidecharmers.com

Skal,
    there is some small news about Kayser!
    It seems that guitarist Matthias has left the band and probably there will be a new face on the bass too. Kayser have recorded more songs and are looking for a contract.
    I will probably get to listen to their new material, so I will all let you know, er?
    www.insidecharmers.com

kewl!
    \m/

■■

so much for the mushroom river band...
    The Band is Playing...

a little before updating Monolith.gr
    Check this:

Kayser
    http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net ... emID=31100
    "Kayser, the new Swedish band featuring Spice (ex-Spiritual Beggars), Mattias Svensson (The Defaced), Bob Ruben (ex-The Mushroom River Band) and Fredrik Finnander (ex-Aeon), have inked a deal with Italy's Scarlet Records.
    The band's sound is best described as "a mutation of Black Sabbath/Megadeth/Slayer with dips from different good bowls of classic and modern metal," according to a press release.
    "Originating from the pens of Spice and Svensson, Kayser enforces the pillars of metal with absolute authority," the press release continues. "Focus always lies on the song, easily identifiable through the supreme vocals by Spice, though the emotional and musical expressions stretch from heavy introvert pounding to pure hate driven ferocity."
    Kayser will enter Caesar studios (Soilwork, The Defaced) on January 18 to begin recording their debut album, tentatively titled "Kaiserhof". A late spring 2005 release is expected."

\m/ =D

■■

Kaiserhof

1. 1919
    2. Lost cause
    3. Good citizen
    4. Noble is your blood
    5. 7 days to sink
    6. Like a drunk Christ
    7. Cemented lies
    8. The waltz
    9. Rafflesia
    10. Perfect

release date: 13 June 2005

http://www.scarletrecords.it/coming_soon.htm

cant wait. any other info about spice?

We are left alone staring into the abyss, into the laughing face of madness.

Scarlet proudly announce the signing of KAYSER, an amazing metal-colossus from Sweden! Kayser saw the first ray of light in early June 2004 when Spice (ex Spiritual Beggars), Mattias Svensson (also The Defaced), Bob Ruben (ex The Mushroom River Band) and Fredrik Finnander (ex Aeon) decided to join forces. “No boundaries and no limits… and that goes for everything”, the members stated initially to set the aim straight. As for the sound, it’s best described as a mutation of Black Sabbath/Megadeth/Slayer with dips from different good bowls of classic and modern metal. Originating from the pens of Spice and Svensson, Kayser enforces the pillars of metal with absolute authority. Focus always lies on the song, easily identifiable through the supreme vocals by Spice, though the emotional and musical expressions stretch from heavy introvert pounding to pure hate driven ferocity. Kayser is happy to be taken under the wings of the Scarlet family and will start recording their debut album on January 18 under the working title Kaiserhof. The recordings will take place in Caesar studios (Soilwork, The Defaced and more). The tentative release for the album is late spring 2005. Expect nothing but the best, fall in line. The reign of Kayser is here.

@ http://www.scarletrecords.it/index_bottom.htm

■■

http://www.scarletrecords.it/index_bottom.htm

... go there, find the link of "Good Citizen" mp3 file AND DOWNLOAD IT!
    I'm fuckin' shocked.-

SPICE RULES \m/

■■