Thread: Eloy LIVE @ Fritz Club - Postbanhof, 25-09-2012 Berlin

Default Eloy LIVE @ Fritz Club - Postbanhof, 25-09-2012 Berlin

Guten Tag !

It is the afternoon of the 25th of September, a tough month, with the winds turning and the sun starting to search for warmer places. I'm riding the purple-dazed sunride bike to go buy tickets for the 26th, Up In Smoke Vol.4 Festival (Yikes!). Turning down the corner, under a flat-entrance(!!!), the poster "glitters" to me eyes ! TaRaAN!! Eloy !!! TONITE ! What THE F*WORD IS THIS WITH THE WAY LIFE BRINGS IT !

Strange coincidence that the Venue was like 1km from the spot that I was going to buy that tickets...Fuk 'em !

6:30 and I'm standing on my riding seagull while the air blows us at the front door of the club. There is a guy sitting there, an indian to my eyes, i thought at once that he had traveled along the deserts, the forests & the seas, to reach that gig! He was a traveler indeed and gave me all the info I wanted. The price for a ticket, in a venue, with SUPER POWER sound, PERFECT ATMOSPHERE, SIDE OPEN AREAS W I T H RELAXING SPOTS FOR SMOKERS, *EVEN IF YOU CAN SMOKE AFTER ALL , special light FX, AND A BAND THAT Brings the earth & the music together, allover, for 50 almost years, in the Capital of their country, IN-FRONT OF THE BERLINER'S WALL, ok, 33 euros is WORTH !

To begin with, I was totally unprepared for the gig, no pre-listenings for warm-up, no no nothing at all...

I got inside at 9, and had some time to reach around the merch, the bars, etc.

A crowd of 20ers,30ers,40ERS,50ERS,60ERS, I don't know how high this can BE ! Sure more than 60, "Pretty" sure ! ! !

The light turned down,

intro sounds begun to play,

and then there was Light, again . . .

an old man with a mask appears, grabs the guitar, it's Child Migration !

Frank Bornemann, Oh My God, What an energy for a 70 years crazy-old-psychedelic-TiTaN all over the 60 years of the rock n' roll movement. Like a child. Indeed, the eyes of a child, the feeling, the smile and the tunes, from when he was indeed one ! I loved to look at him doing the concert, the band brilliant, Bodo Schopf total absolute sunshine drumming, Hannes Folberth on multi-synths, Michael Gerlach at the 2nd synth-castle! Klaus Matziol on bass, and the other absolute-also-standing "old" guy with the great-great guitar playing. Mysterious Monolith, Apocalypse, Poseidon's Creation, The Sun Song, FOLLOW THE LIGHT, The Bells Of Notre Dame ! WOW MEN, this is NOT a review, THIS IS a state of excitement !

Aetherials, electronics, drumsticks, guitars, the bass, oh and the voices...

Two magic voices in the background, and then a THIRD, the Pink one, taking the role of the female, a spirit coming through the bodies of the ones that were lucky to be there, and sing with her. That was a night of Love, Power & Passion. Eloy are starlight fighters through time & this energy that brought them here playing at their, almost 45 year of life is SOoOoOoo generous. Truly, a personal word about music & what rock n' roll IS. The "old", clear, to the roots & back feeling. I love the oldies, I dig the new sound also but the direct transfering from the 70's psychedelic scene to the CURRENT PRESENT is SO OutStanding when a band can do! Sure, I have a previous past with this band and the feelings are always influenced by the self-work made till the moment BUT, objectively speaking, it was a true, psychedelia-gone-further, rock AWAKENING in the world's life history...

"Hey my friend, can you get that playlist for me?"

"Ja, ist ok..gggkkrak..gkroK! "

\m/

English Version due to worldwide impact

A HUGE T H A N K Y O U
    to Anthony

for the Rainbow photo-shooting !

Woooohoooo !!!
    Last edited by NaSha_UniVerSo; 07-11-2012 at 03:54.
    Power through Unity, Unity through Faith.