Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool news

Default Tool news

"TOOL drummer Danny Carey, guitarist Adam Jones and bassist Justin Chancellor have been jamming together for the past few months and they've already got the framework for 10 to 12 new songs, according to MTV.com.

"They're very much in the infant stage, where we have all these different jams and we start piecing them together," Carey told MTV.com. "There are no true arrangements yet. We like to develop ideas, but we don't want to solidify anything too much until [singer] Maynard [James Keenan] gets involved."

Although it's too early to get an overall read on the new songs, Carey described the material as heavier and more intense than the group's last disc, 2001's "Lateralus".

"There seems to be a little more brute force going on in the music, rather than being lighter and more intricate like some of the stuff on the last record," Carey said. "It still has quirky time changes, but so far we've been working on really heavy stuff."

Carey attributes the more aggressive vibe of the new material to TOOL's tours with such experimental bands as FANTOMAS (featuring former FAITH NO MORE singer Mike Patton and SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo) and Sweden's MESHUGGAH.

"Mike Patton and Dave Lombardo — those guys are a good, heavy influence," Carey said. "And we did most of the dates on our last tour with MESHUGGAH. They're incredibly heavy, so it was a good kick in the teeth playing with them."

The as-yet-untitled effort is tentatively expected in early 2005. Plans also exist for the group to issue a DVD of footage from the "Lateralus" tour this summer."

epirroes apo fantomas kai meshuggah? gia na doume...

keenan kai patton fanboys united

Καλή φάση!!

sTOOL gieaaaaa !
    There is a statue of a BUDDA in my driveway
    Rigid and stiff
    That's where the birds shit
    And he deserves it
    Me, like a blade of grass
    I bend profoundly
    No raindrops on me
    The wind blows 'round me

ta spaw ta spaeis ta spaei, spasimpa

TOOL
    OTAN EISAI METALLAS E EISAI METALLAS \M/

theoi!
    I AM JESUS.

tool re ARKOUDEHDES.

Haha, I'm watching history in the making.
    = = =

= = =

Έχω ήδη βαρεθεί τις συζητήσεις που πρόκειται να γίνουν όταν κυκλοφορήσει το album... Ελπίζω τουλάχιστον να είναι καλό...
    and light it up forever, and never go to sleep

mou thimizei sunenteuxeis metallica meta-load epoxhs
    to album tha einai polu polu polu heavy kai loipes istories..

omws tous TOOL tous pistevw...

TOOL
    σηκωσες λιγο την μπλουζιτσα και υποψιαστηκα οτι εισαι ο φρικ. Σε λιγα δευτερολεπτα ειχα μαθει την τραγικη αληθεια.Δεν ξερω αν προσεξες την απογοητευση στo προσωπο μου..
    http://stresss.deviantart.com
    http://www.myspace.com/posteke
    Yesterday 19:29 <menumission> de mporeis na kaneis ignore ton eauto sou sto tsat molis to dokimasa

στο θεωρητικό παρκούρ δίνω οστά και σάρκα,απο εμπόδιο σ΄ εμπόδιο πετάγομαι για πλάκα Άκου τον Φόρη and don't worry

Rogavle de gousterneis tool?
    = = =

= = =

Quote Originally Posted by freak brother

TOOL
    Ego auto pou katalavaino me auto to post einai oti de xereis ti simainei vary. Ante na doume ti tha kanoun ki oi Tool... to Lateralus gamato itan, to Aenima de me xetrelainei kai polu.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by freak brother

TOOL
    Ego auto pou katalavaino me auto to post einai oti de xereis ti simainei vary. Ante na doume ti tha kanoun ki oi Tool... to Lateralus gamato itan, to Aenima de me xetrelainei kai polu.
    tha me matheis?
    σηκωσες λιγο την μπλουζιτσα και υποψιαστηκα οτι εισαι ο φρικ. Σε λιγα δευτερολεπτα ειχα μαθει την τραγικη αληθεια.Δεν ξερω αν προσεξες την απογοητευση στo προσωπο μου..
    Yesterday 19:29 <menumission> de mporeis na kaneis ignore ton eauto sou sto tsat molis to dokimasa

στο θεωρητικό παρκούρ δίνω οστά και σάρκα,απο εμπόδιο σ΄ εμπόδιο πετάγομαι για πλάκα Άκου τον Φόρη and don't worry

tha se valei na akous st.anger. xevi.

Five years on, the seminal prog-metal act return.

Tool are set to release the long-awaited follow up to 2001's "Lateralus" in April or May 2006, it has been revealed.

The band have been working on the as-yet-untitled set for much of 2005 and are currently in the mixing stage of the sessions, reports Launch Radio Network.

In their typical style, the Cali. based four-piece have been tight-lipped, although in an interview, drummer Danny Carey told Yahoo Launch! the set was a natural progression in their progressive, forward-looking hard rock sound.

"All I can say is you should probably just look at the past Tool records," he said. "It's just kind of the next stage of development. Some of the tunes are pretty heavy on this one. It's still gonna be weird time signatures and all that stuff. It's just what comes out of us, you know. We just try to be true to our chemistry when we're in the little room in here together jamming, and what comes out comes out."

The band are currently focusing on the release of two mini-DVDs this Christmas, both featuring tracks from their most recent album. On one disc comes "Schism", the other, "Parabola" - with both releases featuring the music video in longform and previously unreleased remixes.

Other, very important news, finds Tool and A Perfect Circle singer Maynard James Keenan preparing to release the first of his own label red wines in spring 2006. The blend is from his own vineyard, and is a 2004 grape.

ANTE RE GAMWTO