Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cro Mags- Age of Quarrel (1986)

Πάμε εκτός θέματος, αλλά δε γαμιέται. Duck, με Madball/Slapshot δεν έχω ιδέα τι έχει παίξει αλλά οι δεύτεροι έχουνε θέμα γενικά, κοίτα δω λογότυπο και από κάτω απάντηση του Diablo.

Spoiler
    This is a direct statement from Lord Ezec, aka Danny Diablo, CEO of ILL-ROC Records:

"Above is a drawing of a Slapshot logo made by Choke in Europe... Everyone knows that there's been a conflict between some NYC bands and Choke. I've been a big fan of Slapshot's music for years but when you start making fun of a historical tragedy, that's when you've crossed the line. In addition to being a historical tragedy, it was also a personal tragedy for me and many of us, in that, we've lost so many loved ones all at once. I'm asking, as a favor to all the people who we lost in this tragedy, that any bands, promoters, venues, record labels, etc. boycott SLAPSHOT!!!!! I'm not one to come post my opinion on a messageboard or public forum, but I've been known to be a "musical career killer." SO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO WORK WITH SLAPSHOT.... THINK TWICE!!!! HEY JACK, IF YOU THINK THIS A JOKE CALL DWID!!!!
    - LORD EZEC D.M.S.
    CEO of ILL-ROC Records

Επίσης, βρήκα κι αυτό - Harley Flanagan/108:

Spoiler
    Here is the story of Harley and 108:

In 1995 108 returned from a US Tour with Bloodlet and Coalesce and entered Salad Day studios to record an EP for EVR. The recording session quickly became a disaster because the drumming was an utter train wreck. We quickly decided to throw out the session with the exception of Arctic, which appeared on the Anti Matter comp, and that we would have to figure out a way to get someone else to play on the record. A few days later we headed off to Europe and while there we decided that we would clean up and finish a few songs that were almost completed and just record an entire LP as well as to contact other drummers about playing on the next record since we didn't think the current drummer could pull it off. It sucked because we really liked the dude and he was still in the band but realistically it had to happen.

When we got back from tour Triv and I had dinner with John Stanier (Helmet), who was an old friend of Triv's, about him playing on the 108 record. When we got into details it was clear that his schedule and our schedule didn't work out. As Triv and I left Zen Palate Triv decided we should contact Harley about playing drums on the record. I chuckled and that was that. A few days later we learned that our drummer had disappeared so there was no question of our need to find a drummer quick.

Two weeks later Triv tells me that the two of us are gonna jam with Harley. We had a show coming up in a few weeks and had no drummer so... why not? I head over to a rehearsal space and when I walk in Harley and Triv are laying into Invocation.

Dude is going fucking crazy with his shirt off, covered in sweat, his arms flailing in every direction, legs pumping the double bass like a fucking jackhammer and he is screaming at the top of his lungs as he is playing the song. Harley looked like Animal, from The Muppet Show, and played with a ferocity that I had rarely ever seen before. Dude was spot on. When the song ended we chatted for a few minutes and then he laid into When Death Closes Your Eyes and a few other tunes and it was absolutely fucking sick. I couldn't fucking believe how amazing he sounded. Sure it was a bit sloppy but the potential was fucking insane. It was surreal.

After he went through like 6 or 7 songs he starts talking:

This fucking record will be amazing. We will be fucking huge and unstoppable. He then went on to describe, in detail, how much havoc we would cause together for like 10 minutes.

I explain that after the recording and next tours that the band will break up as Vic wants to be a monk. "Fuck that, we will not break up after we record this record. Krishna wants us to destroy the earth and no one will stop us." Um, okay.

Then he asks what our touring and recording time lines were and I explain the dates, etc.

Finally he starts going off again about the havoc we will cause. Then he asks "Seriously I have been listening to these demo's for two weeks. Why the fuck did you want to get rid of this drummer? He is fucking incredible. It took me weeks just to figure out what he is playing and how to pull it off." He then pulls this fucking Fishers Price boom box out of his bag, you know one of those little boom boxes with a microphone for kids to sing in, and plays a part of When Death Closes Your Eyes and then he pauses it and starts to play that same part. "That is almost fucking impossible! Why the fuck would you not want this dude on the record?". I then inform him that the drums on the entire demo were done by drum machines. He stares at me with this look of disbelief. "You motherfuckers".

Triv and Harley jam for another 40 minutes or so and seriously I couldn't get over how fucking good he was and how ferocious those songs sounded. Having known him casually for a few years and knowing all of the stories about him I still seriously considered saying fuck it and giving it a whirl with him playing drums for 108. I mean, fuck.

When practice ended my we were walking in the same direction as Harley. Dude starts talking about his wife and kid and it is seriously fucking cute and heartwarming. He tells us about how much of a fuck up he has been, how many people he has hurt and what he is doing to turn around his life. He then says that doing this record could be something that really turns around his life spiritually and shit. Fuck, how can I not have this dude play drums?

As we get to Avenue C he all of a sudden changes the topic into John Joseph as John hung out at this little Krishna place by there. All of a sudden Harley pulls out a fucking serrated 12 to 14" knife and describes how if he sees John he will kill him.

Needless to say we decided that as amazing as the dude sounded playing our songs that we would probably be better to go in another direction.

Πίνκαρα νεοπάνκη μιμιν και όλο το θρεντ, για το γούστο.

εξαπανεκαθεν γουσταρα πανκ και κορ ρε μη με αδικας...επειδης ποσταρω συχνα στο αλλο με τα ελεσντι δεν σημαινει οτι ειμαι και σκατοχιππας

Harley Flanagan is innocent λέμε

Harley Flanagan

New York Natives sat down with Cro-Mag founder Harley Flanagan for an exclusive interview about the events of the now infamous July 6th Webster Hall -Cro-Mag blow-out during New York's CBGB's Festival.

THE CBGB FESTIVAL

Harley Flanagan 7-11-12According to Harley, he was invited to the Webster Hall gig and had a VIP pass which he used to enter the venue. In fact he had even originally intended to take his kids, who wanted to see their father’s band perform, as he had done July 5th for the screening of American Hardcore. "The day before ... I went to the CBGBs film part of the festival where they were showing the American Hardcore movie by Steven Blush and Paul Rachman.” Harley was in the documentary and was invited there to talk about the film to the press.

WEBSTER HALL

The accounts of that night in every media outlet claimed that Harley went on a rampage, that he was looking to attack Cro-Mag band members and cause havoc. The story Harley tells is very different. He says he went there with “the best of intentions” hoping to mend years of bickering and make the fans happy.

THE DRESSING ROOM

Harley Flanagan Hands

According to Harley, he was invited to the dressing room back stage and instead of being welcomed as he expected he was jumped by a group of men. "When I saw that door get pulled shut I was literally fighting for my life. I was afraid these guys were going to kick me half to death, roll me down the back steps and that no one would see it... and there would be no witnesses and that would be that....and all I could think about was getting home safe to my kids...I wanted to save my life, to protect myself and these guys were trying to do me in.

... I was getting the shit beat out of me. It was like an old fashion biker beat down, like BA BABABABABA BA And at that point everybody started screaming and I saw the door of the dressing room open and I started screaming security, security and I saw somebody pull the door shut to keep security out. And in my mind I thought to myself, "fuck, these dudes, their intention is to fuck me up, they don't want no one to see it they're trying to beat the shit out of me...SO what I did was defend my life..."

THE BALCONY

Harley Flanagan stab wound "…I’m getting the shit beat out of me. …Then at that point that’s when the bouncers managed to get in the room and I ended up getting dragged out into the balcony area, which is where everybody says the mêlée took place but no the mêlée took place in the dressing room behind a locked door where I was getting jumped people by myself.

One dude says get on your stomach, get on your stomach, put your hands out in front of you and this one guy, big guy steps on my back and he’s standing with both of his feet on my back….and one guy is literally looking at me squeezing my throat choking me and … at this point it was DMS guys and security I don’t know who the fuck was which…one guy looks at me and says motherfucker I’ll fucking kill you…I will kick you in your fucking face until you are dead motherfucker stop moving.. and I’m just like Yo, I’m stopping moving at that point. And one guy's like put your hands out in front of you and I’m like are you a cop and he’s like yeah and I’m like show me your badge and at that point ….the boys in blue hallelujah…the cops came running up the stairs… I was like fine, I’m not moving anymore … please cuff me, I stuck my hands out in front of me.. I’m face down on the floor. At that point I still didn’t know that I had been stabbed, I got 30 stitches in my leg. Thank God it was in my leg …and the cops cuffed me, turned me over and that’s when I saw the wound in my leg…

[ It] was just grotesque…the blood was bubbling out of it, the fischa was ..the tendons was literally hanging out of my leg….that’s why people started saying that’s a compound fracture…it was until I got cleaned up in the ambulance they realized it was more of a stab wound. And that’s when the cops put me on the chair. And they put me in the ambulance."

LOOKING BACK: THE CRO-MAGS

Harley was reflective with us about the recent events:

"I being the sentimental fool that I am, thought that if I actually saw John face to face and got to speak to him that maybe it would rekindle some of that friendship that we had. We did grow up together back in the old days. We lived in squats together. There were times that we had to steal food together and hustle together and were these street kids together. When you grow up with somebody like that, you know, at least me, you always have an attachment for that person. You may go your separate ways but you still have a certain connection that never really fades because you went through your youth together which is very important to most people and we played music together for a lot of years and that's a very bonding thing. Anyone who has ever been in a band or done anything creative or artistic with somebody- you do develop some kind of a bond. I thought that he would have to feel the same way, despite all the bickering and smack talk we've done through the media, I always felt that was more ego and posturing on both of our ends than it was genuine hatred.

As much as I talked smack about him and he talked smack about me, I felt if I spoke to him face to face, especially with my kids in the picture he'd say fuck it, let's do the right thing...

I had a lot of outpouring from fans that I knew and I didn't know...Part of me thought that there was some sort of small possibility of it happening, especially because I own the trademark to actually releasing Cro-Mags CDs and DVDs stuff, so he could never actually go and make a Cro-Mags CD unless I was involved, or unless I gave the go-ahead. I thought that if I extended myself to him in a positive way, face to face instead of through a computer or through a phone and if we were actually able to look at each other and talk I'd be able to say, screw all this past and I write songs like crazy, we could do an album, we could make everybody happy. We could make some money. We don't have to be in love with each other to get along, and be respectful and chill and put things back the way they should be instead of the way they are now. Well evidently I'm the only one that felt that way which is kind of sad."

Today this man with a young family, a new recording contract for his own project Harley's War and a long standing teaching gig in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at the world renowned and respected Renzo Gracie Academy is pretty clear he has no plans to throw his life away just yet.

http://www.nynatives.com/feature/exc...er-hall-attack
    Barry Prudom-He's Public Enemy No1.

Απάντηση από John Joseph.
    Spoiler

"[Harley's] been watching too many sci-fi movies.

"First off, Harley was NOT invited to the show. He was told repeatedly by CBGB [Festival organizers] NOT to come. (I have all the texts and e-mails to CBGBs and security.) He was given a CBGBs laminate to attend another event ('American Hardcore' screening) and then used it to sneak into the show. And if he wanted to talk and resolve things, as he claims, why didn't he come before doors where we could [have] taken care of any beef he had? No, he just wanted to come on the stage during show and try and do something to gain press — well, he got his press alright.

"At 6 p.m. [Harley] texted Louise (CBGBs) and asked her what time we were going [on]. She didn't respond, but warned me. To which I alerted security to let them deal with it, [as] I had a show to do. He showed up 20 minutes before [and] hid in the crowd outside our dressing room door with a backpack and a KNIFE, never knocking on our door and saying, 'Yo, guys... can we talk?' He was also heard ranting outside that he was putting a stop to us playing his music (his music?). And while sitting outside our door told someone else that said to Harley that he doesn't care about the beef he attends both HARLEY'S WAR shows and CRO-MAGS shows, that he was just a fan of the music. Harley's response: 'Yeah, well, fuck you. Some shit's about to go down, so if you don't wanna be involved, keep fucking walking.' He also told people initially that I was in the dressing room when it all went down, making it look like I set him up when a thousand people saw me on stage ready to play.

"Look here's the bottom line: Security was told to come up and they never did. So knowing this dude always carries weapons and his plan was obviously to use the laminate to gain access to the stage while we played and hearing what he was ranting that night, also remembering the whole Dimebag Darrell [late PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN guitarist who was killed on stage] situation, as we were on stage about to go on, he was asked to come in the dressing room by Mike. When Harley was grabbed to be searched for weapons, the fight ensued and those three took him down where he pulled a knife and began stabbing people. When the security finally arrived, he wouldn't drop the knife and THEY banged him up, not those three. Again, dozens of witnesses.

"Look if you got beef, a show with women and children on stage ain't the place to bring it. I believe those three stopped a much worse situation where perhaps kids could have got hurt who were on stage. And no one snitched — I refused to talk to the cops. Unfortunately for [Harley], it's a criminal case so no one has to press charges 'cuz he did that shit in a public venue. We have a way of dealing with matters — it's called 'street justice.' You pull a knife, I pull a pipe and smash your face in. And I did have a pipe on stage, by the way, knowing this dude can't really fight and always has a weapon, as I said.

"DMS are not thugs, so for the new jacks who weren't even around long enough to remember their past and said that — keep your mouths shut. For the last 10 years plus, they have been security at shows stopping violence, even promoting the Black N' Blue Bowl and other events where there is NEVER violence. If they had been doing security that night, Harley would have never got in and ALL of this could have been avoided. And only Mike is DMS, not the other two, and anyone who REALLY knows him (not you keyboard commandos talking crap anonymously) will attest to the fact that he's the nicest dude in the world and NEVER starts trouble. The other one is a veteran who tried to get the knife away from Harley. The other just a friend of the band. And Mike (Harley's replacement) was the one who got stabbed first.

"Bottom line, [Harley] was told not to come, he showed up right before we went on, he made threats and then he stabbed people. End of story.

"We will make up the show with SICK OF IT ALL as we are discussing another date now, but I wanted to set the record straight.

"Sure, obviously anyone who knows the past (it's all in my book, 'The Evolution Of A Cro-Magnon') knows [Harley] has a problem with me. He talks shit all the time — I do not. But he knows my bell and where I live. He NEVER rang it once. I told him we can go to the East River and resolve any issues. He refused. So if you wanna believe all the lies and B.S. that dude posts on [Facebook] — your choice. The truth is an entirely different thing, though. Your sympathy should lie with those who got stabbed, not the dude who did the stabbing and caused this whole problem. So stop gossiping and move on — that's what we are doing.

"See you in the pit.

"Peace and PMA."

Η ιστορία πάει παρα πέρα, μπλέκεται μέσα -πάλι- ο Diablo. Τραγούδι από Skam Dust (συμμετέχει ο Diablo) με τίτλο Godz of War (Harley is a Bitch). Δεν βρήκα στίχους, αλλά πιάνεις διάφορα με λίγα αγγλικά (DMS will kill you και λοιπά γραφικά).

Για γέλια οι New Yorkers. Period.
    Last edited by nikos_souvlas; 14-07-2012 at 08:52.

You are my detonator. Phantom Duck's Avatar

γαμιούνται όλοι τους

http://www.vogelisms.com/

Έχω καταστραφεί...