Thread: Music Roots of Inside Charmers

Default Music Roots of Inside Charmers

During the SB Athens show, I observed something very interesting. The guys who were in Rodon that magic night worn t-shirts with metal groups from any "kind" of metal you can imagine. The range was from whitesnake to...canibal corpse. So what i want to ask you is what is your (one) favorite group which you consider it your music root? My personal choice is Thin Lizzy, the band of Great Phil!

P.S. There is also one more reason for telling you about the t-shirts. This fact is an evidence that Spiritual Beggars unite us, and this make me very proud of being an "Inside Charmer"
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

Many "roots" to mention...
    I haven't many tshirts btw
    That night I wore a "My Dying Bride" one, dunno if I can call them "music root" of mine but they count as one of my favourites.

■■

my very early music roots are New Kids On The Block blaah
    seriously now, i think Black Sabbath was the original destruction of my frail young mind back there.
    YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. YOU ARE NOT BEAUTIFUL OR UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE. YOU'RE THE SAME DECAYING ORGANIC MATTER AS EVERYTHING ELSE. YOU ARE THE ALL-SINGING, ALL-DANCING CRAP OF THE WORLD.

HIPPIE METAL OR NO METAL AT ALL

Many roots....
    Mostly Metallica, then Megadeth.Actually the first ever metal cassete i owned had kill 'em all in one side and black album in the other...Damn!
    The Band is Playing...

I started off with Deep Purple(Child In Time made me wet my pants back then), Aerosmith(I felt like the real Lord Of Thighs),Metallica(how much Bach is the intro of Fight Fire With Fire), Guns 'n' Roses(too much Appetite For Destruction when you're 14) and...I used to hate Iron Maiden due to crappy tapes with lousy sound!
    Skal,
    Monday morning I open a beer and light a cigar, put my pen to paper and write, I hate you all.
    www.insidecharmers.com

Obviously I firstly got wrong the "music roots" thing Lizzy was talking about...
    So hmmm I started with Appetite For Destruction and Ride The Lightning (this was a mistake to be honest, but a nice one ) but what stack me was the Maiden crappy tapes with lousy sound Inside Charmer mentioned \m/

■■

I just found out that topic!
    Never thought about my music roots, though..My very first kontact to that kind of music was Alice Cooper and the track "Hey,Stupid!", Guns 'n Roses and Aerosmith. Oh, I forgot Bon Jovi and "Crossroads". Tape-trade ruled those years...!
    My first LP's were Metallica "...and justice for all", Iron Maiden "Fear of the dark" and Motorhead "Best of". That was the beginning...What followed is much more interesting but that was the basis, the roots or whatever!
    YOU DONT FIND YOUR WAY, THE WAY FINDS YOU...

Well,well..Scorpions and the god Alice Cooper were my first shy steps to this kind of music generally..A torn tape of 'trash' still lies somewhere in my closet..However,the group that I loved (and still love) the most and changed my whole fuckin life for ever was Deep Purple.So,as far as I know this is supposed to be my bloody root...
    eVIVA