Thread: Metallica at Download fest - Lars accident κλπ

Default Metallica at Download fest - Lars accident κλπ

Virtual Festivals reports: "Rock history was made today as METALLICA seized triumph from the jaws of disaster, after drummer Lars Ulrich was hospitalised with a mystery ailment, on the day of their headline performance at the second day of the Download Festival.

"Whereas lesser bands would fold in the face of such adversity, METALLICA were not going to let this little setback spoil the party.

"A frantic backstage call for arms (and sticks) rallied an impressive contingent of troops from other artists on today's line-up, all ready and willing to do their bit for the 'TALLICA, and a secret spur-of-the-moment rehearsal/audition was held in the band's dressing room to decide a set-list!

"The crowd were not informed of the crisis unfolding backstage, and patience was beginning to wear thin after the band had failed to appear, more than an hour after their due time, evoking the festive chant of 'You're shit!'

"At around 10pm, the 'Ecstacy of Gold' intro music kicked in, and the boos became frenzied cheers. These soon faded, as the three emerging band members walked solemnly to the front of the stage. Singer James Hetfield was quick to get to the point.

" 'We would like to apologise for being so late to start, but only three of us made it down here to Donington today. Unfortunately our drummer, Lars, is in hospital. We don't know what's wrong, but we wish him all the best. Some friends of ours are gonna help us out, so we're going to make rock history tonight!'

"First in the hot seat was SLAYER's Dave Lombardo, much to the crowd's obvious delight, as the band kicked off with an apprehensive 'Battery', and just about pulled it off, with a lot of nodding from Hetfield and bassist Rob Trujillo. Next up was SLIPKNOT's Joey Jordison, and then something magical happened. Surging into 'For Whom the Bell Tolls', the remaining band members were unable to contain their smiles as it quickly became apparent that the small, demure figure behind the kit was not so much their salvation, as their hero of the day.

"As his confidence grew, Jodison began to add his own flavour, improvising thundering fills over 'Creeping Death' and 'Seek and Destroy', much to the glee of beaming guitarist Kirk Hammett. After a brief and not-entirely-successful attempt by drum tech Flemming to cover on a ropey 'Fade to Black', plans to bring on LIFE OF AGONY's Sal Abruscato and bring back Lombardo and Flemming were swiftly aborted. METALLICA had found their drummer for the night!

"After what will long be remembered as a truly legendary performance, a clearly shell-shocked Jordison staggered off-stage to an emotional reunion with his unmasked SLIPKNOT bandmates, proclaiming 'You just made rock history, dude!' He just did."

Photos from the gig can be viewed at this location:
    http://www.virtualfestivals.com/gallery ... istid=537#

MEGADETH mainman — and former METALLICA guitarist — Dave Mustaine has issued the following statement regarding the reports that METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich missed the band's performance at Download festival in England after being hospitalized in Zurich, Switzerland.

"It is reported that something has happened to my old friend Lars Ulrich, and in METALLICA fashion, the show went on.

I just wanted to pass on my best 'Get Well Soon' wishes to Lars, and send him my prayers.

"I also wanted to say, 'Job well done to the guys in SLAYER and in SLIPKNOT for stepping up to the plate in a moment of need.'

"I hope you are OK, Lars. I love ya bro."
    Γιατί δε με θες κυρά μου; Επειδή είμαι ψαράς;

tou phre kai pipa?

H megalyterh mpanta tou planhth.

Thn allh mera tou festival epaizan kai oi Opeth re pousth. Na vlepa to Lopez na paizei MetallicA \m/_

@wanker: Phges telika morh koufala?
    Life begins at 45°.

popo prepei na broume video apo dauta
    opoios exei kana link as dwsei

Malakia, les na kratisoun ton Sleepnot drummah gia monimo tora pou tous arese?

GAMAOUA