Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In Requiem

Default In Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by PARADISE LOST
    We can confirm today that the title for the 11th Paradise Lost album, tentatively due for release in May this year, is to be titled "In Requiem".

The artwork for the new album is to be done by Seth Siro Anton, who was the artwork designer for the last album, "Paradise Lost".

The band recently returned from Canada following completion of recording the new CD, produced by Rhys Fulber. The album has been mixed by Mike Fraser - who is well known for his work with bands such as Metallica, AC/DC, Van Halen etc... You can check out a comprehensive listing of the bands Mike has worked with on his management's site.

The album is due to be mastered soon, and we should have more detailed info about it for you in the near future.

We can also confirm that the gig to be filmed for the new Live DVD will be taking place on Thursday April 12, at the Koko Club in London.

Για να δούμε.

Default Re: In Requiem

Quote Originally Posted by dyingfreedom
    Quote Originally Posted by PARADISE LOST
    The artwork for the new album is to be done by Seth Siro Anton, who was the artwork designer for the last album, "Paradise Lost".

κατά τα άλλα εννοείται και γαμώ.

Βέβαια εξαιρουμένων λίγων τραγουδιών στο βάθος του χρόνου το Paradise Lost είναι το λιγότερο καλό album τους, στα δικά μου κριτήρια.
    Give me a shot to remember
    And you can take all the pain away from me
    A kiss and I will surrender
    The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead
    A light to burn all the empires
    So bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be
    In love with all of these vampires
    So you can leave like the sane abandoned me

Ντάξει ρε, στο "Paradise Lost" δεν ήταν και τόσο χάλια το artwork.

κάνει πάνω κάτω όλο τα ίδια ανάποδα.

και προσωπικά δεν μου αρέσουν καθόλου.

Αλλά μάλλον κάνω λάθος γιατί το Hammer τον θεωρεί στους καλύτερου που υπρξαν ποτέ στο heavy metal (\m/) άσχετα βέβαια με το ότι κάνει το artwork του περιοδικού!

Δηλαδή τι σου άρεσε ρε Πάνο από το εξώφυλλο?

read between the lines Shadowking's Avatar

Ναι ρε, δεν έχει άδικο, είτε artwork για Rotting Christ είτε για Paradise Lost σχεδιάζει το ίδιο πράγμα με παραλλαγές είναι. Χωρίς πλάκα, βλέπεις εξώφυλλα Icon,Shades Of God,Draconian Times, βλέπεις και το τελευταίο. Ε, δεν είναι κάπως "λίγο"; Κατά τ'άλλα περιμένουμε εναγωνίως τον δίσκο....
    (τρομαχτικός τίτλος, λέτε να το πάνε για διάλυση; )
    A loaded gun won't set you free.
    So you say.

Ναι ρε.
    Δεν είπαμε οτι είναι και το καλύτερο artwork των Lost.
    Ίσα ίσα. Σε σχέση με τα προαναφερθέντα κάθε σύγκριση αποτελεί ιεροσυλία.

miamiamiam

άντε να δούμε.

... το artwork ειδικά σε σύγκριση με τα από Host κ πριν ήταν... αλλά τουλάχιστον ταίριαζε η μαυρίλα.

■■

Quote Originally Posted by Kingryche
    κάνει πάνω κάτω όλο τα ίδια ανάποδα.

και προσωπικά δεν μου αρέσουν καθόλου.

Αλλά μάλλον κάνω λάθος γιατί το Hammer τον θεωρεί στους καλύτερου που υπρξαν ποτέ στο heavy metal (\m/) άσχετα βέβαια με το ότι κάνει το artwork του περιοδικού!

Δηλαδή τι σου άρεσε ρε Πάνο από το εξώφυλλο?
    Όπως πχ το Sanctus Diavolos με το Scarlet Queen.

Aλλά αφού το Χάμερ τον θεωρεί από τους καλύτερους, οκ, πάω πάσο.
    these walls built to stand come-what-may
    lie shattered in the ashes.

Θα ναι τελειο οπως καθε αλμπουμ τους.

Δεν έχω ξέρω τίποτα για τα κομμάτια αλλά κάτι έχει πάρει το μάτι μου για το artwork κι είμαι σίγουρη πως θα σας ξαφνιάσει και θα σας αρέσει!

!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FIXXXER View Post
    Anagkastika stirizoume Hillary

UK-based gothic metallers PARADISE LOST have confirmed that their 11th album, In Requiem, will be released on May 21st in the UK via Century Media. Release dates for other territories are expected to be announced in the near future.

As previously reported, the artwork for the new album, produced by Rhys Fulber and mixed by Mike Fraser, is to be done by Seth Siro Anton, who was the artwork designer for the last album, Paradise Lost.

Meanwhile, Paradise Lost frontman Nick Holmes has issued the following update: "As the album recording process begins to close, and during a period where people decide if they love or hate something you have just spend a year painstakingly putting together, I have decided to compact some reflections over the past few months.

As this is the bands 11th album, by the time we actually get into the studio, we generally have a pretty good idea how the songs are going to sound. Prior to actually recording, 2 weeks are usually spent intensively rehearsing the songs, and maybe changing parts that didn't work during the demo stages. Which, co-incidentally are written with a guitar, software and the internet. None of us actually live near each other, so it's not always the best recipe for "jamming" besides, who wants to play the same riff for 4 hours in a cold room full of blokes?

Generally I feel we were far more prepared than the last record, particularly Jeff, with the last album he came in towards the last minute - and didn't really get the opportunity to put his "stamp" on the drumming. This time round I think you can really hear the difference, particularly as we have replaced all his drumming with samples! Joke!

Recording and studio wise, it's always a real pleasure to go to Chapel studios. Life goes in slow motion at the Chapel, and you find yourself enjoying doing laundry, having afternoon naps, and sipping tea whilst listening to Radio two, for the 2 weeks you are there. Steve, Aaron and Jeff laid down the rhythm tracks whilst Greg and I did nothing more than arrange a new song, and send each other verbal insults on messenger from our adjacent bedrooms.

The second half of the album was recorded at the awesome Strait sound studios in Gibson's, Vancouver. A beautiful part of the world without question, but with appalling routing and overzealous Customs interrogation. It took 35 hours to get from Leeds to our destination. The highlight of the outgoing trip was in Heathrow Airport when I was lucky enough to sit next to Pat Sharp from the 90's UK kids TV programme "Funhouse"…yes the journey really sucked.

Greg and I worked pretty relentlessly for 2 weeks here, so much so that neither of us got the chance to see a real life" Samquanch" -the only real minor niggle in an otherwise very productive recording experience. As I type, the final tracks are being mixed or "forged" if you like to be cheesy, in the very capable hands of Mike "Fraze" Frazer and they sound pretty bloody good!"

Jeff, with the last album he came in towards the last minute - and didn't really get the opportunity to put his "stamp" on the drumming. This time round I think you can really hear the difference, particularly as we have replaced all his drumming with samples! Joke!

Θα τα σπάει φυσικά.

Quote Originally Posted by Αντριάνα
    Δεν έχω ξέρω τίποτα για τα κομμάτια αλλά κάτι έχει πάρει το μάτι μου για το artwork κι είμαι σίγουρη πως θα σας ξαφνιάσει και θα σας αρέσει!
    1. Που τα ειδες, δωσε ινφο, στειλε ιμειλ, κατι ρε παιδι μου
    2. Που χαθηκες εσυ?
    3. Αν ερθουν θα παμε παλι ε?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by Αντριάνα
    1. Που τα ειδες, δωσε ινφο, στειλε ιμειλ, κατι ρε παιδι μου
    2. Που χαθηκες εσυ?
    3. Αν ερθουν θα παμε παλι ε?
    Εννοείτε πως θα πάμε!Τώρα το πού χάθηκα...είχα διαβάσματα και σκοτούρες,αλλά τελικά η εξεταστική δε βλέπω να γίνεται!Στην ερώτηση (1) δεν μπορώ να απαντήσω (κόψε μου μονάδες)