Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to play Guitar

σκληρόκαρδος χρυσοκούκης Kingdom Gone's Avatar

Default How to play Guitar

How to play Guitar

I taught myself to play guitar. It's incredibly easy when you understand the science of it. The skinny strings play the high sounds, and the fat strings play the low sounds. If you put your finger on the string farther out by the tuning end it makes a lower sound. If you want to play fast, move your hand fast and if you want to play slower move your hand slower. That's all there is to it. You can learn the names of notes and how to make chords that other people use, but that's pretty limiting. Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day.
    Traditionally, guitars have a fat string on the top and they get skinnier and skinnier as they go down. But the thing to remember is it's your guitar and you can put whatever you want on it. I like to put six different sized strings on it because that gives the most variety, but my brother used to put all of the same thickness on so he wouldn't have so much to worry about. What ever string he hit had to be the right one because they were all the same.
    Tuning the guitar is kind of a ridiculous notion. If you have to wind the tuning pegs to just a certain place, that implies that every other place would be wrong. But that's absurd. How could it be wrong? It's your guitar and you're the one playing it. It's completely up to you to decide how it should sound. In fact I don't tune by the sound at all. I wind the strings until they're all about the same tightness. I highly recommend electric guitars for a couple of reasons. First of all they don't depend on body resonating for the sound so it doesn't matter if you paint them. As also, if you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction to effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic. Just a tiny tap on the strings can rattle your windows, and when you slam the strings, with your amp on 10, you can strip the paint off the walls.
    The first guitar I bought was a Silvertone. Later I bought a Fender Telecaster, but it really doesn't matter what kind you buy as long as the tuning pegs are on the end of the neck where they belong. A few years back someone came out with a guitar that tunes at the other end. I've never tried one. I guess they sound alright but they look ridiculous and I imagine you'd feel pretty foolish holding one. That would affect your playing. The idea isn't to feel foolish. The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world.

by David Fair [of Half Japanese]
    δεν έχει απόλυτο δίκιο όμως;
    After the Triumph of Your Birth.

το μανιφεστο του no wave
    σηκωσες λιγο την μπλουζιτσα και υποψιαστηκα οτι εισαι ο φρικ. Σε λιγα δευτερολεπτα ειχα μαθει την τραγικη αληθεια.Δεν ξερω αν προσεξες την απογοητευση στo προσωπο μου..
    http://stresss.deviantart.com
    http://www.myspace.com/posteke
    Yesterday 19:29 <menumission> de mporeis na kaneis ignore ton eauto sou sto tsat molis to dokimasa

στο θεωρητικό παρκούρ δίνω οστά και σάρκα,απο εμπόδιο σ΄ εμπόδιο πετάγομαι για πλάκα Άκου τον Φόρη and don't worry

Μου θυμίζει τις φανμποη-φιλοσοφίες για Sunn.
    O πανάχρηστος, δεξέρωτοχριστόμου κ δεξέρωγιατιέχωκιθάρα που βγάζει θεωρίες διαφορετικότητας.
    μπλιε.

■■

Quote Originally Posted by VirusXI
    O πανάχρηστος, δεξέρωτοχριστόμου κ δεξέρωγιατιέχωκιθάρα που βγάζει θεωρίες διαφορετικότητας.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
    ~

Οι Sunn ξέρουν κιθάρα, έχω να πω.
    Διαολεμένα beat

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker

You are my detonator. Phantom Duck's Avatar

Χρειάζονται κι οι κουλοί.

Quote Originally Posted by invisistoned
    ναι αλλά.

μη το κάνουμε sunn thread, το πα για την αναλογία των σκεπτικού κ των επιχειρημάτων των sunn φανμπόηζ κ του αποπάνω quoted τύπου.

■■

Βιρτουόζοι.

σκληρόκαρδος χρυσοκούκης Kingdom Gone's Avatar

εντάξει, δεν ανάγκασε κανείς να παίζουν *ολοι* έτσι, αλλά είναι μια προσέγγιση αναμφισβήτητα. και που πάει στο έπακρο αυτό που ψιλοξεκίνησε το rock n' roll και έκανε σημαία το punk - το να παίρνει ο καθείς μια κιθάρα και να παίζει.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusXI
    μη το κάνουμε sunn thread
    After the Triumph of Your Birth.

Χμ, πολλοί καλλιτέχνες δημιουργούν χωρίς τεχνικές γνωσείς ενδιαφέρουσα μουσική. Στην τελική όλοι κρίνονται από το αποτέλεσμα, όχι από την τεχνική. Αλλά γενικά το όλο ζήτημα σηκώνει μεγάλη συζήτηση.
    and light it up forever, and never go to sleep

Νομίζω πως είναι ελάχιστα το group τα οποία μπορούν να χαρακτηρηστούν κουλά, τουλάχιστον με την έννοια του αρχικού quote. Απλό παίξιμο <> κουλαμάρα.
    Διαολεμένα beat

Δεν είναι αυτό που εννοεί όμως ο Kingdom νομίζω. Πάρα πολλοί μουσικοί της free jazz ή όσοι ασχολούνται με την improv μουσική είτε δεν έχουν καθόλου "κανονικές" τεχνικές γνώσεις είτε χρησιμοποιούν τα όργανα με εντελώς μη συμβατικούς τρόπους. Αλλά σε όλες τις περιπτώσεις, ωραίο δεν γίνεται κάτι επειδή είναι τεχνικό ή επειδή δεν είναι συμβατικό αλλά από το πως σου ακούγεται τελικά.
    and light it up forever, and never go to sleep

εμένα μ'άρεσε. και δεν νομίζω ότι πάει να καλύψει την κουλαμάρα με θεωρίες περί δημιουργικότητας κ μη συμβατικότητας.

οι κουλοί δεν έχουμε προβλημα να παραδεχτούμε ότι είμαστε κουλοί.
    so this is permanence