Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Candlemass news

It's Official: Vocalist MESSIAH MARCOLIN Is Out Of CANDLEMASS - Oct. 23, 2006

Legendary Swedish doomsters CANDLEMASS have posted the following message on their official web site:

"You have heard the rumours and it is with a heavy heart we must make this official. The band have tried to solve the situation several times, but Messiah cannot be persuaded to sing on the new album. His attitude and demands are way too unreasonable. I'm very sorry about this, not surprised though.

"We have all been very disappointed with Messiah's behaviour during the previous years reunion, especially with his childish and undemocratic way to 'discuss' matters before the may recording at Polar in Stockholm. It's not cool when one person refuses to listen to other people, don't give a shit about his bandmates and demands special treatment. Sure, a little bit of primadonna vices is allowed in a band. But when it comes to the extent that it's 'my way or the highway' in every little discussion that comes up, it is not fun anymore. We like the thought of five equal metalheads playing together, having fun in the rehearsalroom, at gigs etc. That's the whole point of it if you ask us. Unfortunately negativity and stupidity have been dictating the rules for CANDLEMASS lately.

"We hope you all can understand how disappointed we are. And angry! Disappointed with the fact that a grown man can behave so badly towards others — his friends — and for such a long time. And so easily, when he doesn't get everything he wants, throws it all away. We're still in shock! We never thought it was possible for somebody in this great band to have such a bad attitude towards his bandmates!
    We are also angry that we have bought the shit for so long. Been fucked over so much, so many times since the reunion 2002. It's really shameful!

"It only took a couple of gigs to understand that Messiah wasn't back to make friends, so we have fought hard to keep this together for you — our fans. It's been a rough ride, but when you stand in front of 200 or 2,000 or even 20,000 screaming fans it's worth all trouble.

"And yes, it was close that last album didn't include Messiah, but we made it happen because we love this music and we love that you guys love us!! But it was the last album with Messiah Marcolin on vocals. We can't deal with the big man anymore. Sorry!! We tried to reason with him before the recording of the new one but Messiah's behaviour was beyond the acceptable. Mr. Marcolin has been too much to take and the reasons behind his departure from CANDLEMASS are not very flattering for him. No details, sorry....too embarrassing...

"On the positive side (there is one!), this can make the band stronger and lead to something better. We don't stand and fall with Messiah Marcolin. We will look hard for a worthy replacement because we got a superb album recorded already. With the right voice it will kill!! We hope for a new start with CANDLEMASS, a band we love way too much to ditch because of one rotten apple!!"

As previously reported, Messiah Marcolin contacted BLABBERMOUTH.NET on April 28, 2006 to announce that he was leaving the band with no possibility of him rejoining. "We could not agree on how to do the new album," Messiah stated at the time while refusing to elaborate on his sudden exit.
    Last edited by eleventh guardian; 28-03-2009 at 01:36.
    Deep in the night
    underneath the darkest skies
    searching for a sign or some distant light
    Screaming yet unheard
    repeating every line
    and every final word

They remain, they remain
    you still remain
    All these words and memories
    and everything you were to me
    they remain, they remain
    you still remain

Senior Member Jim Dandy Mangrum's Avatar

na paei na gamh8ei o xontros
    o leif na dtous dialysei kai na ksanaftiaksei tous abstract algebra
    Anguished eyes of the city of suffering
    Seeking guidance, believing in love
    Some fools who want something for nothing
    Wear the badge of the cowards above...

Quote Originally Posted by VirusXI
    ριγιούνιον με Langquist ρεεεεε
    Τώρα μίλησες!!!!!
    http://www.verdictdenied.com
    www.myspace.com/verdictdeniedband
    Εσύ τη σχέση μας δεν την σκέφτηκες όταν χαριεντιζόσουν με τον μπασίστα των Released Anger!!! ΑΚΑΡΔΕ!!!
    CONTROLED BY CONFUSION, CONFUSED BY CONTROL

βσκ ήταν μισό χρόνο πριν
    ασδασδσφ
    "i speak without reservation from what i know and who i am. i do so with the understanding that all people should have the right to offer their voice to the chorus whether the result is harmony or dissonance, the worldsong is a colorless dirge without the differences that distinguish us,

reunion me landquist h opws ton lene.meta kana abstract algebra styl meta kana 3o krux kai eimaste ok.emena m arese kai to chapter.
    1) e4, c5
    2) Νf3

Τι Langquist ρε αμπαλοι. Μια ειναι η λυση.
    Mats Leven η τομπουλο.
    They say we've got a lifetime, but we know that ain't true.

αδσφασδφ.

■■

Leven ειπαμε και δε σηκωνω κουβεντα.
    They say we've got a lifetime, but we know that ain't true.

ok.oute me auton exw provlhma.
    1) e4, c5
    2) Νf3

Oxi poly adynatos.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusXI
    ριγιούνιον με Langquist ρεεεεε
    TWRA milas swsta.
    Otan megalwsw tha ginw vasilias
    Tha exw to xaremi mou sto kentro tis spilias
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by XD
    b.t.w. -> mia fora gamhsa exwntas sto repeat ena solaki tou
    necropethamenou pou exei postarei sto forum. Sigklonistikh,
    fantastikh, ypertath, aksexasth empeiria !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kai episis http://www.anorimoi.com

Default New album

CANDLEMASS: New Album Title, Track Listing Revealed - Jan. 9, 2009

Swedish doom legends CANDLEMASS have set "Death Magic Doom" as the title of their new album, due on March 27 via Nuclear Blast Records.

The track listing is as follows:

01. If I Ever Die
    02. Hammer Of Doom
    03. The Bleeding Baroness
    04. Demon Of The Deep
    05. House Of 1000 Voices
    06. Dead Angel
    07. Clouds Of Dementia
    08. My Funeral Dreams

Four audio snippets from the CD — "Hammer Of Doom", "If I Ever Die", "Demon Of The Deep" and "Funeral Dreams" — have been posted on the MySpace page of the European branch of Nuclear Blast Records. They will be available online until January 10.

CANDLEMASS bassist/songwriter Leif Edling recently stated about the album: "We've worked on [the CD] all autumn and it feels really good that it is completed. The sound is superfat, heavy as hell, and very organic/dynamic at the same time. Our friend Chris [Laney; RANDY PIPER, ZAN CLAN] has done a great job mixing it!! I personally think this album is the best one of the three we have released in the new millennium, easy!! It is bigger, better, louder and a bit more mature, I must say!! It is our 'Heaven And Hell', hehe. . . The only thing that pisses me off is the fact that we can't call it 'Hammer Of Doom', after one of the songs on it. A brand new stupid festival in Germany calls themselves that! Who spilled the beans??? Well, well… the album absolutely KILLS and we will surely come up with a suitable name for it."
    Deep in the night
    underneath the darkest skies
    searching for a sign or some distant light
    Screaming yet unheard
    repeating every line
    and every final word

They remain, they remain
    you still remain
    All these words and memories
    and everything you were to me
    they remain, they remain
    you still remain

grafeiokraths

Default Re: Candlemass news

I personally think this album is the best one of the three we have released in the new millennium, easy!!
    axou

re. de ta petane etsi apotoma. exoume kai kardia.
    there is no stronger drug than reality

stous rwsous.

We work in the dark. We do what we can to battle the evil that would otherwise destroy us. But if a man's character is his fate, this fight is not a choice but a calling. Yet sometimes the weight of this burden causes us to falter, breaching the fragile fortress of our mind, allowing the monsters without to turn within. We are left alone staring into the abyss, into the laughing face of madness.

Κατέβηκε χτες βράδυ το καινούριο και άκουσα στα πεταχτά το πρωί ενάμισο κομμάτι. Για επιστροφή σε ήχους και ατμόσφαιρες "13th Sun" το έκοψα από αυτή τη γρήγορη και σύντομη ακρόαση. Πράγμα θετικό για μένα αν ισχύει σε όλο το album. Για να δούμε.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalt View Post
    I personally think this album is the best one of the three we have released in the new millennium, easy!!
    axou

re. de ta petane etsi apotoma. exoume kai kardia.
    δε θα ταν και πολύ δύσκολο να ισχύει αυτό eh. "in the new millenium" λέει.
    με 2 ακροάσεις ωραίο ακούγεται, σίγουρα καλύτερο απ'το προηγούμενο

■■