Thread: States of mind

Default States of mind

States of Mind

There are four medically defined states of mind. These were named in the order that they were discovered. Each state of mind represents a frequency range within which brain waves are vibrating. The table below shows the four states:

State Hz Description

beta 14+ The beta state is the state that your brain operates in during normal day-to-day activities. In your normal waking state your brain rhythms operate at about 20Hz. Stress is a result of brain waves operating at a higher frequency. The higher the frequency the more stressed you become.
    alpha 7-14 Alpha is commonly known as the "superconcious" state.
    theta 4-7 This is the state of light sleep.
    delta 1-4 Delta is the deep sleeping state when one is comatose.

The advantages of the Alpha state
    When one operates in the alpha state one is at their most efficient. Alpha induces clarity, heightened awareness and intuition. Alpha is a much more efficient state than Beta and using Alpha one can effectively plan your day, meetings, or any stressful event. It is also commonly used as a means of achieving one's goals.

Inducing the Alpha state
    There are many different techniques for stimulating alpha brainwaves. Almost all of these involve relaxing the physical body and mind. It is very important to know that you cannot get into alpha without relaxing. If you are stressed or feeling hyperactive then your brain will be operating in a state of beta.

Music
    Music has a profound impact on the state of mind. Research has shown that some forms of music stimulate alpha brain waves whilst others stimulate beta. Certain styles of classical music have produced the best results in laboratory tests. The music should be calming and have a rhythm that pulses slightly slower than the average heart-rate.

The colours technique
    A common method of inducing alpha is the colours technique. This involves visualising visible colours starting with a high frequency colour (red) and working through to a low frequency colour (violet). The principle behind this technique is that as you imagine colours which vibrate at increasingly slower frequencies, you stimulate increasingly slower brain waves in your mind.

For example, one would close the eyes and visualise the colours in the following sequence:

REDORANGEYELLOW GREENBLUEPURPLE VIOLET

Think of each colour for about five seconds before moving on to the next colour.

How to visualise colours

If you have trouble imagining a colour, then simply imagine an object in the colour that you wish to visualise. For example, for the colour orange, you could imagine the an orange, an amber traffic light, an article of clothing you might own which is orange.

The countdown technique
    The countdown technique is a simple technique which involves mentally (or verbally) counting down numbers. Generally one would count down slowly from 21 to 1, pausing between each number and using positive suggestions to induce a positive state of mind.

e.g.

21 (pause) I feel relaxed
    20 (pause) My body is becoming totally relaxed
    19 (pause) I feel secure
    18 (pause) All stress and tension is leaving me now

and so on ..

The eyes up technique
    Have you ever noticed when you ask a person a question that forces them to recall information they briefly look upwards? This is another way of reaching the alpha state, simply look upwards and concentrate on taking slow, deep breaths. This technique is particularily useful for times when you need to collect yourself quickly.

Part of this material will be duplicated in the section on neuro linguistic programming.
    The nature technique
    The nature technique involves closing the eyes and imagining oneself in a peaceful natural scene. This could be a waterfall, on top of a high hill, in a jungle, or any natural scene that makes you feel calm and relaxed. A variation of this technique is to stare for a short time at a poster of a peaceful scene.

Breath techniques
    This is effective to calm oneself. Inhale as much air as possible and hold for a count of 2 seconds. Exhale all the air and hold also hold this for 2 seconds. Repeat this 10 times focusing on the energy that you receive with each breath.

Electronic methods
    It is possible to induce a state of alpha electronically. This is usually done by listening to a sound at a certain frequency or by watching a light pulsing at the correct frequency. We would not recommend using an artificial method to induce the alpha state because people tend to become dependent on the electronic devices. It is far better to learn to induce the desired state of mind naturally.

Combining techniques
    It is possible to combine all of these techniques. For example, you may wish to use one of the breath techniques followed by the nature technique.

Source: http://www.mindpower.co.zw/about/about.mindpower.cfm

Μιτσμαν πολύ σύντομα θα πρέπει να αναλάβεις τις ευθύνες σου.
    Live for ever.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Veinsaw
    Δεν αρκεί, αυτός εξαπλώνεται σε όλα τα sections ταχύτατα. Την έχουμε γαμήσει.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud

8a mporousa na ixa gemisei ola ta section
    pao bnb kano 20 register me 20 e-mails ta dino stous filous mou kai kapout
    alla den goustaro

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud

8a mporousa na ixa gemisei ola ta section
    pao bnb kano 10 register me 10 e-mails ta dino stous filous mou kai kapout
    alla den goustaro
    afto den einai tipota

ΑΓΗΑΗΗΑΗΕΗΗΗΓΑΕΓΕΦΕΓΓΗΗΚΑΗΗΧΑΧΑΧΗΧΑΗΗΗΧΧΑ
    Live for ever.
    ~

den kano spam toulaxiston pola thread boi8ane
    p.x. deste to pc& games h kanena sto general

ΗΡΘΕ ΤΟ ΤΕΛΟΣ.
    Quote Originally Posted by FIXXXER View Post
    Anagkastika stirizoume Hillary

Παντως αυτο το post θα μπορουσε να εχει ενδιαφερον αν δεν τα ειχε γαμησει ολα ο συγκεκριμενος. Τωρα δεν εχω κουραγιο και να το διαβασω.

ZIDJAN ΓΕΡΑ POSTΑΡΕ ΤΡΕΛΑ!!!!
    They say we've got a lifetime, but we know that ain't true.

To exw se .pdf afto.
    Kalh fash einai ola afta, an katseis na asxolitheis vevaia.
    "What's wrong with archaeologists?"
    -"I'm a time traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologists"

To thema einai kata poso isxuoun kai poso axiopisti einai i pigi... pantos endiaferon akougetai, an kai eimai periergos gia to kata poso tha douleue i texniki ton xromaton.

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian

den kano spam toulaxiston pola thread boi8ane
    p.x. deste to pc& games h kanena sto general
    he has a point.
    so this is permanence

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer
    To thema einai kata poso isxuoun kai poso axiopisti einai i pigi... pantos endiaferon akougetai, an kai eimai periergos gia to kata poso tha douleue i texniki ton xromaton.
    To myalo einai subjective se o,ti to peithei. An mia texniki den leitourgei, tha leitourghsei mia alli. Siga.
    "What's wrong with archaeologists?"
    -"I'm a time traveler, I point and laugh at archaeologists"

Nai, kai? Ego gia ta xromata anarotithika mono.
    To avatar einai apo to 7th Guest?
    Prepei na einai o grifos pou me ekane na varetho ta adventure, xoris na einai polu palouki, apla variomoun.