Thread: 'Dirty Window' Now Features A Guitar Solo: Audio Available

Default 'Dirty Window' Now Features A Guitar Solo: Audio Available

METALLICA performed a special version of the "St. Anger" track "Dirty Window" - complete with a guitar solo from Kirk Hammett - during their gig at Palais Omnisports de Bercy in Paris, France on Tuesday (Dec. 9). Check out the live recording in MP3 format at this location: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hamhouse/2 ... Window.mp3
    A high-quality audio clip featuring just the guitar solo can be downloaded here: http://cafe.cgocable.ca/sistpier/mp3/cadeau.mp3

When asked about the lack of guitar solos on "St. Anger" during an interview with Canada's Chart magazine in September, Hammett said, "I've served our fans well in that department. It feels like I've played a million guitar solos over the past 20 years. If they don't get a few on this album, they're gonna survive. To me the bottom line is that these songs are so dense and so musical, where the fuck do you begin putting in the guitar solos? There were many problems with solos. Where do they fit? Do they compromise the sound of four guys playing in a room spontaneously? Do they compromise the 'band statement'? This was supposed to be about four guys working together musically, so that's what it called for. I was fine with it. I know I can play a solo, the fans know I can. If you need them, come see us live, I'm playing a million fuckin' solos! Gimme a break!"
    Γιατί δε με θες κυρά μου; Επειδή είμαι ψαράς;

To katevazo tora... entaxei isos einai kalo ki etsi, pantos de me peirazei pou den exei solos to album.

Malaka to solo gamaei... kalutera na to evgazan etsi sto album telika!!!

Paidia den mporo na to katevaso,mallon to xoun vgalei Pou allou mporo na to vro?
    Sometimes its only afterwards i find that im not there