Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigantour chat with Warrel

Default Gigantour chat with Warrel

Event Chat #17 with Nevermore vocalist, Warrel Dane
    2:30PM - 3:30PM EDT, August 14

symphonyofnevermorex <Q>warrel, what is your all-time favorite Nevermore track?
    WarrelDane <A>drreaming neon black

symphonyofnevermorex <Q>warrel, when will you guys do another US tour?
    WarrelDane <A>early next year, and maybe we'll play fault of the flesh for you....

Kalmah <Q>Who inspired you to be a singer?
    WarrelDane <A>I grew up listening to Priest and Maiden, so Halford and Dickinson are my heroes

Stray_Bullet <Q>Warrel, your voice is one of the best. Are there any vocalists that particularly impress you at Gigantour?
    WarrelDane <A>Russ from Symphony

Genocide_Junkie <Q>Not a question, but thanks for playing My Acid Words in Chicago
    WarrelDane <A>you're welcome

symphonyofnevermorex <Q>Warrel, do you play any instruments?
    WarrelDane <A>I can play guitar badly

Genocide_Junkie <Q>If you were forced to, could you still sing "Battle Angels"?
    WarrelDane <A>are you stoned or just stupid? yes I can still sing it and I wouldn't have to be forced, we are doing some Sanctuary tunes on our headline tour of Europe that follows Gigantour

DETH <Q>hey warrel this godless endeavor is awesome!!!. any plans on coming to monterrey, mexico?
    WarrelDane <A>we're working on it, heard good things about the fans there

Jenna <Q>Hello from Canada What are you thinking of Gigantour so far? Is all going as you expected?
    WarrelDane <A>it's been great fun so far, all the bands get along great , the vibe is awesome and we're all playing some kick ass metal!

beavis_the_wise <Q>what do you enjoy most about gigantour so far?
    WarrelDane <A>the wresling midgets in between sets

Nevermore1 <Q>How about an "Evening with" 3 hours of NM!!!
    WarrelDane <A>that would put you all to sleep I'm afraid

symphonyofnevermorex <Q>warrel, will you guys and opeth ever do a show together? I missed the last time you did it because I had no clue you bands existed haha
    WarrelDane <A>I would love to play with Opeth again, we're good friends after all...I really want to hear their new disc.....

Stray_Bullet <Q>What do you get to do in your downtime during the tour. Is it at least relaxing?
    WarrelDane <A>I'm working on new songs most of the time, doing a lot of reading, forming my plans for world destruction....

Jenna <Q>What is your favorite song to sing live?
    WarrelDane <A>Sentient 6

Nevermore1 <Q>Congrats on cleaning things up for you personally. Your hard work shows. You have never sounded better than when I saw you guys yesterday. Can't be easy, but I hope you keep it up.
    WarrelDane <A>thanks man...it's rough sometimes not drinking with everyone around you drunk all the time, but it gives you motivation to not want to be the drunken morons that surround you at any given time

Kalmah <Q>What kinds of books do you like to read?
    WarrelDane <A>right now I'm re-reading Psychedelic Prayers by Timothy Leary, however the horror genre is my preference

helpmeiminhell <Q>Besides your tourmates what is some music you listen to on the road?
    WarrelDane <A>right now I'm really into the new Porcupine Tree, old Slayer etc

Petruccid <Q>warrel, who is the band that had most impressed you on gigantour?
    WarrelDane <A>Symphony X

beavis_the_wise <Q>will ambivalent make an appearance on gigantour? like, cincinnati perhaps?
    WarrelDane <A>I'll ask the guys if they can grant a wish for the great sage beavis.......

beavis_the_wise <Q>have you ever heard devon graves? your voice reminds me of his in Dead Heart in a Dead World
    WarrelDane <A>you mean buddy?

DETH <Q>Hey Warrel.. how did you meet Nevermore?
    WarrelDane <A>I formed the band knucklehead,,,,just kidding, but I did form the band with Jim and Jeff after the demise of our last band

WICKED_GUARDIAN <Q>i see that you said that DNB is your favorite NM track, why don't you add it to the set list?
    WarrelDane <A>it will be added at some point

Jenna <Q>What has been you favorite show to play so far this tour?
    WarrelDane <A>last night was by far the most fun

mcpinch13 <Q>What band would you like to tour with most when you do your headlining tour through the U.S.?
    WarrelDane <A>maybe Symphony X???

helpmeiminhell <Q>Does the band have any pre-stage rituals?
    WarrelDane <A>dwarf tossing ande yodeling are neck in neck for our pre-stage antics

Jenna <Q>What is the largest crowd you've ever performed for?
    WarrelDane <A>about 80000 ppl at the 10th Dynamo Festival in 95

kiyardo <Q>This may be premature but any thoughts for the direction of the next album?
    WarrelDane <A>none yet, it will have a mind of it's own when the time comes

beavis_the_wise <Q>what did you think of the honorable cemetary gates song in texas?
    WarrelDane <A>that was great

beavis_the_wise <Q>nobody tosses a dwarf!
    WarrelDane <A>they are very small dwarfs

Stray_Bullet <Q>I got into Nevermore due to Gigantour, and now own four albums. I'm glad you could join the tour!
    WarrelDane <A>thanks man!

StrongerThanAll <Q>What is your favorite place to perform/
    WarrelDane <A>inside my head really

WICKED_GUARDIAN <Q>Last couple NM tours here in the Austin/SA Texas area, (Gigantour & CoB ), no DNB songs. Any reason why?
    WarrelDane <A>when we headline we go further back into our history......

symphonyofnevermorex <Q>Will you guys update your website anytime soon?
    WarrelDane <A>Wendy is working on that now, we had to get permission to use Hugh Syme's artwork, and that took some time...

Nevermore1 <Q>Do you guys all live pretty close or do you all get together when working on new material?
    WarrelDane <A>I live very close to Jeff so we work on songs when we're at home. Steve lives in SF so he just flies up for rehearsals

MegaHudsonDeth <Q>Who would you most like to see battle it out on guitars at a gigantour show?
    WarrelDane <A>Jeff and Michael Romeo...hahaha

Stray_Bullet <Q>Nevermore has a long list of amazing songs. How do you go about picking your set?
    WarrelDane <A>whoever wins the dwarf tossing contest gets to pick the setlist

TwistedSister <Q>Ever read the "Books of Blood" by Clive Barker?
    WarrelDane <A>I have read all of them, amazing stuff

beavis_the_wise <Q>what do you have to say to people who don't want to watch Army of Darkness and eat steak?
    WarrelDane <A>try raw chicken as an alternative

Kalmah <Q>Who is your favorite non-metal band?
    WarrelDane <A>Pink Floyd

symphonyofnevermorex <Q>Warrel, are you danish?
    WarrelDane <A>no I'm a bear claw

kiyardo <Q>Are they Killer Dwarfs? (remember that band?
    WarrelDane <A>remember them?? I tossed the fuck out of em before I killed them

helpmeiminhell <Q>Have you guys settled on what the next single/video will be? If not what song do you think would be good to do?
    WarrelDane <A>I would really like to do a vid for Born

woolridden <Q>Will you let In Flames get you drunk again in Gothenburg?
    WarrelDane <A>no, but I'll hang out with them while they get drunk

Nevermore1 <Q>What about Godless merch, when will we see some new shirts available!!
    WarrelDane <A>they are on the way!!

kiyardo <Q>Have you ever noticed that the word "pigs" is in just about every Nevermore and Sanctuary album?
    WarrelDane <A>have you figured it out yet??? you're on to something......

beavis_the_wise <Q>can you tell us all you know about the dwarf tossing methods? form, ethics, the morality of it, ect...
    WarrelDane <A>that's a delicat question, for one, the dwarf has to WANT to be tossed, and I'm not talking about salad

Nevermore1 <Q>Medicated Nation has an unstoppabale groove!!
    WarrelDane <A>one of my faves

WICKED_GUARDIAN <Q>any chance of a NM DVD anytime soon?
    WarrelDane <A>yes yes yes, it will be out late next year

Petruccid <Q>warrel, wich place would you like to play live that you have not opportunity to do it?
    WarrelDane <A>Red Rocks

Jenna <Q>I'm a dwarf will you toss me?
    WarrelDane <A>if you flip over properly like all dwarfs do to show their submissive side

Rockchickbabe <Q>warrel any plans to tour the UK?
    WarrelDane <A>6 UK shows planned on our next tour

yarnboy <Q>Who's your favorite celebrity named Warrel? I can't think of one. That must have been a dark point in your life when you had to come to grips with that.
    WarrelDane <A>I hated my name when I was a kid, but I got used to it

Nevermore1 <Q>how many cd's did you resign with CM to do?
    WarrelDane <A>3

beavis_the_wise <Q>i would like to see these dwarfs first hand if possible. i'll be at the cincinnati show.
    WarrelDane <A>cool, bring any extras you might have around the house

mcpinch13 <Q>Going back to the "pigs" question that kiyardo asked, is that a reference to the Pink Floyd album, Animals?
    WarrelDane <A>metaphor is as metaphor does

WICKED_GUARDIAN <Q>who do you want to tour with on the NM headling next tour?
    WarrelDane <A>not sure yet

symphonyofnevermorex <Q>Do you have a degree in anything or any formal schooling?
    WarrelDane <A>yes

Stray_Bullet <Q>You made the name Warrel badass. Congratulations.
    WarrelDane <A>thank you sir!

beavis_the_wise <Q>will you be on gigantour again if mustaine wills IT?
    WarrelDane <A>hmmmmm perhaps

Rockchickbabe <Q>who are your 3 favourite bands?
    WarrelDane <A>Carcass, Pink Floyd, Rush, Slayer etc

kiyardo <Q>Rumor has it that you used to work for Nintendo. Is that just a nasty rumor?
    WarrelDane <A>our drummer Van used to work for Nintendo designing vid game booklets

WICKED_GUARDIAN <Q>who is your favorite Power Metal band?
    WarrelDane <A>Doro

Kalmah <Q>Have you ever tossed Ronnie James Dio? lol
    WarrelDane <A>yes and then he threw his shoes at me

nightfall526 <Q>damn none of my questions get through..so i'm going to ask a dumb one now....cows or chickens? which do you think is tastier?
    WarrelDane <A>cow

kiyardo <Q>Have you ever heard of the Christian metal band Tourniquet?
    WarrelDane <A>heard the name, but not the tunes

WICKED_GUARDIAN <Q>who is your favorite Death Metal band?
    WarrelDane <A>Carcass

Kalmah <Q>Who is your favorite Australian band?
    WarrelDane <A>Kylie Minouge

symphonyofnevermorex <Q>can you do death growls?
    WarrelDane <A>yes listen to our new cd with headphones... you'll hear some interesting death flavorings

yarnboy <Q>I'm pitching an idea to FX, it's a show where backstage sluts are paid in band semen to beat the crap out each other.. Think bum fights with botox. This isn't a question, I just wanted to let you know.
    WarrelDane <A>AWESOME

kiyardo <Q>What was Mustaine like to work with back during the recording of "Refuge Denied"?
    WarrelDane <A>that was a great experience, I learned many things ...it's come full circle now

yarnboy <Q>Can I eat everything you guys don't that was on your rider?
    WarrelDane <A>NO YOU can't eat our leftover dwarfs

beavis_the_wise <Q>what in god's name is "the River Dragon has Come" about? I have theories...
    WarrelDane <A>the 3 Gorges Dam project in china, do a web search, you'll find what you're looking for

kiyardo <Q>Liberal or Conservative? hehehehe
    WarrelDane <A>as if you need to ask

awaken777 <Q>Hey Warrel, just wanted to say that TGE is so awesome and your performance is remarkable
    WarrelDane <A>thanks!

Rockchickbabe <Q>whats your fav track on dreaming neon black? I play this album all the time, its amazing!
    WarrelDane <A>the title track and fault of the flesh

WICKED_GUARDIAN <Q>some may consider you Thrash and other Power Metal.. i consider you Melodic Thrash/Power Metal, what genre do you see yourself more closely too?
    WarrelDane <A>not sure really, call it what you will, to me it's just metal

DETH <Q>what do you think of dream theater
    WarrelDane <A>DT are great

awaken777 <Q>BTW, this is SeventhRising from the Nevermore board. I asked you a few months ago about in ear monitors...do you use them/ like them???
    WarrelDane <A>if I could afford them I would be using them now

symphonyofnevermorex <Q>what does C.B.F. stand for?
    WarrelDane <A>chrome black future

Stray_Bullet <Q>What'll you be doing after Nevermore?
    WarrelDane <A>Nevermore 'til Deth

awaken777 <Q>there is a noticable difference in your tone, and control. Do you attribute that to your health? Do you warm up and practice more?
    WarrelDane <A>yes for sure my voice is stronger now that I've cleaned up my life, and I do warm up regularly now, usually just singing one of our songs and some scales

beavis_the_wise <Q>do you think robots will kill us all in the future? to me, that would make a great concept album
    WarrelDane <A>it's possible oh wise one

yarnboy <Q>On a scale from 1 to 10, what do you think of the number 8?
    WarrelDane <A>it's one more than 7

helpmeiminhell <Q>Maiden or Priest?
    WarrelDane <A>that's way too hard man, can't pick, both equal

Petruccid <Q>Warrell , any bad experience you have faced on gigantour?
    WarrelDane <A>none so far

Stray_Bullet <Q>Would you co-headline with Symph X in a future incarnation of Gigantour? If so, I'd be there.
    WarrelDane <A>that could be fun, ya just never know what the future will bring

Rockchickbabe <Q>warrel, i notice you arent playing Newcastle on the UK tour.... why not? Newcastle is a kick ass rock city
    WarrelDane <A>what? 6 UK shows is not enough?

Stray_Bullet <Q>Listen to any industrial, Warrel?
    WarrelDane <A>as far as industrial goes I liked some of the older Ministry records, Land of rape and honey , psalm 69 and the mind is a terrible thing to taste, haven't listened to them in years though

awaken777 <Q>I have been following you since Refuge...and with out a doubt you are my biggest vocal influence. You have only improved over the years, and that give me hope that I can still improve at 30
    WarrelDane <A>yes you can, it just takes dedication and continued practice

beavis_the_wise <Q>in animal farm, the pigs were the hot shit. does this mean it is safe to rule communism bashing out of any possible metaphores?
    WarrelDane <A>keep up the good work.....

symphonyofnevermorex <Q>what do you do for fun other than nevermore and music?
    WarrelDane <A>I used to be a chef so I love to cook, most of the time i know I could cook better than the caterers

helpmeiminhell <Q>what was the best live performance you have witnessed?
    WarrelDane <A>Pink Floyd in Vancouver BC

Kalmah <Q>Thank you for doing this chat Warrel ::smile
    WarrelDane <A>thanks for listening!

beavis_the_wise <Q>Do you know what happened to glorious Watchtower? that band died before it
    WarrelDane <A>Jeff saw the guitarist at one of the shows in Texas...

Rockchickbabe <Q>do you enjoy meeting and spending time with the fans?
    WarrelDane <A>I love meeting the fans and I want to thank you all for joining me in this chat session! see you onstage!!!
    Neon Dreamers Nevermore Fan Club

WarrelDane <A>are you stoned or just stupid? yes I can still sing it and I wouldn't have to be forced, we are doing some Sanctuary tunes on our headline tour of Europe that follows Gigantour

Και δεν τους έχει κλείσει κανείς για Ελλάδα.

helpmeiminhell <Q>what was the best live performance you have witnessed?
    WarrelDane <A>Pink Floyd in Vancouver BC

Quote Originally Posted by Odonian

Oxi kai poly eugenikos etsi?
    "Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather"

Έχει ακούσει πολλές φορές ότι δε μπορεί να τα πει τα παλιά και απαντάει ότι απλά δε θέλει.

Den diafwnw. Apla apantise san malakas.
    Gia ton tropo tou milisa.

Sure.

Δε δικαιολογώ την απάντησή του, αλλά είναι ροκστάρ και είναι μέσα στο όλο είμαιγαμιάς στυλ.

Den ton exw dei na milaei kai den to iksera.

Mou fainetai prepei na akousw sanctuary. Eimai periergos!

Να ακούσεις.

Βασικά αυτό που γίνεται είναι ότι στις συνεντεύξεις αλλάζει πολύ. Το παίζει χρόνια το παιχνίδι και μπαίνει σε ένα ρόλο. Λέει και αυτά που θέλει χωρίς να είναι πάντα ειλικρινής ή να λέει κάτι παραπάνω. Η διαφορά με τις συνεντεύξεις του Loomis είναι εμφανής (αυτός είναι νινί). Είχε και κακες φάσεις με διάφορα μέσα ο Warrel και δε χαλαρώνει σε αυτά.

Metal loipon!

Quote Originally Posted by jimid

ατάκα south park (παρόμοια τελοσπάντων)
    When you cry,winter winds sing , straight to my heart

Quote Originally Posted by One Colour Black

"-are you incredibly stupid or just high?"
    -I can assure you,i'm not high'
    (prosegistika)
    apo to a ladder to heaven

pantws apantaei me atakes apo south park...an thimate kaneis px apo th sunentefxh to 2003 pou petaxe thn ataka tou chef(there is a time and place for everything and is called the college-apo to ike's wee wee an thimamai kala)

Warrel a SP fan??

He just went up a notch in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagelis
    Quote Originally Posted by One Colour Black

"-are you incredibly stupid or just high?"
    -I can assure you,i'm not high'
    (prosegistika)
    apo to a ladder to heaven

pantws apantaei me atakes apo south park...an thimate kaneis px apo th sunentefxh to 2003 pou petaxe thn ataka tou chef(there is a time and place for everything and is called the college-apo to ike's wee wee an thimamai kala)
    Χε ναι εκείνη τη φορα του είχαμε γράψει όλα τα SP σε CD και του τα είχαμε δώσει δώρο.

mesa eisai!
    alla twra prepei na tou kratame apo 6h season kai meta...mexri thn 5 den tou eixame paei?