Ναι βέβαια μετά τους Πελοποννησιακούς συμμετείχαν όντως.
edit: ναί εντάξει μαν, όταν κατέβηκε ο φιλλιπας και σάρωσε τα πάντα, πήγαν όλοι οι "ελληνες" πλην λακεδαιμονιων¨ στον πόλεμο.
edit2: πολύ απλό απο wiki: Historians generally agree that the ancient Macedonians, whether they originally spoke a Greek dialect or a distinct language, came to belong to the Koine Greek speaking population in Hellenistic times. Whether they were of ultimately Greek origin themselves or were later Hellenised continues to be debated by scholars
However, the Macedonian Royal family known as the Argead dynasty claimed Greek descent from Argos [2][3][4][5] and Macedonians since Alexander I, were admitted in the Ancient Olympic Games, an athletic event in which only people of Greek origin participated
It should, however, be noted that no matter their ultimate origin, Macedonian acceptance into the Greek world was a gradual but eventual process (the concept of "ethnicity" itself being quite fluid).Macedon was heavily Atticised from the time of Alexander the Great.
A passage in book five of Herodotus' Histories (5.22) concerns the exclusion of Macedonians from panhellenic events such as the Ancient Olympic Games. In 504 or 500 BC, the Macedonian king Alexander I attempted to participate in the Olympic Games, and met with resistance by competitors, who regarded him as a non-Hellene. According to Herodotus, Alexander argued that his family was of ultimately Greek (Argive) descent, and Elean Hellanodikai determined that it is so. Other kings of Macedon like Archelaus I and Philip II also took part in the Games.
ΚΑΘ'ΕΞΑΙΡΕΣΙΝ ΔΗΛΑΔΗ.
και ο νέρωνας πήρε τιμητικά μέρος στους ολυμπιακούς, μήπως ήταν έλληνας;