Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GREEN CARNATION news.

e siga.yposxomeni..
    idi exei vgalei 3 theika albums.kai na to dialysoun,pou leei o logos vre aderfe,mia xara itan.

den einai kai polla 3 album
    kala o Tchort ehei ki alla sygrotimata yia na vyazei ti kafrila tou alla ypotitheye oi Green Carnation itan auto pou evyaze tin euaisthisia tou klp
    tha epanelthw argotera sto thema
    "i speak without reservation from what i know and who i am. i do so with the understanding that all people should have the right to offer their voice to the chorus whether the result is harmony or dissonance, the worldsong is a colorless dirge without the differences that distinguish us,

Δεν είπε κανείς ότι έχασε την ευαισθησία του, απλά φαίνεται να γράφει μαλακισμένα this time =/

■■

Τα samples είναι από μέτρια έως άθλια... Πάει για μεγάλη απογοήτευση το album...
    Is it any wonder that my joke’s an iron and the joke’s on you

Loipon molis to katevasa epeidi den yparhei periptwsi na katsw na kanw review tera me to diavasma as to kanei kapoios yia na synehisei i kouventya sto album reviews...
    "i speak without reservation from what i know and who i am. i do so with the understanding that all people should have the right to offer their voice to the chorus whether the result is harmony or dissonance, the worldsong is a colorless dirge without the differences that distinguish us,

GREEN CARNATION, the Norwegian band featuring Tchort (a.k.a. Terje Vik Schei; BLOOD RED THRONE, ex-EMPEROR, SATYRICON, EINHERJER), fulfilled their contractual obligations to Season of Mist with their fourth release, "The Quiet Offspring", which came out earlier this year.Tchort recently finished writing the material for the second part of the "The Chronicles of Doom" trilogy (the first part of the trilogy is better known as "Light of Day, Day of Darkness") and is currently shopping around for a new record deal.

"I finished writing the material for the second part of the trilogy and I am going to spend the next year working on the arrangements and the progressive parts of the album," Tchort said in a statement. "The material is very dark and its extremely heavy and we are gonna work on an exceptional idea that I have for the album for as long as it takes".

Regarding the search for a new record deal, Tchort said, "Some of the key terms in a new contract will be tour support, a studio budget that will allow us to make the best out of the album and distribution."

hohoho μάλλον πάτωσε. Να περιμένουμε υπερέπος τώρα;

■■

Νόπ. Να περιμένουμε κάτι καλύτερο του τελευταίου album αλλά σαφώς χειρότερο του Light of Day.

Ελπίζω ο μεθεπόμενος δίσκος των Tool να μην είναι το Lateralus 2.
    I went down into the valley to pray.
    I got drunk and I stayed all day.

μια ενδιαφέρουσα νέα θεωρία: "to quiet offspring mallon tobgale apo upoxrewsi stin etairia ki etsi.." =p

το ελπίζω.
    πιστεύω πως μπορεί να βγάλει κάτι τόσο θεικό όσο το light of day πάλι. το ότι θα ναι συνέχεια του και ότι ήταν εξ'αρχής να ναι τριλογία το πράγμα μετράει.

■■

de nomizw oti itan eks arxis trilogia, post link ama lew mlkies.

k genika ta sequels klp den einai kali fasi

k eidika oi green carnation einai mpantara
    Reality - larger than man's illusions
    or is it me?

■■

twra exei arxisei na kanei k live h to eida ston ypno mou?
    album san to light of day dn 8a ksanavgei gia ton aploustato logo oti dn 8a nai ekplhksh.kati kalytero h xeirotero anamenetai...
    L'amiral Larima
    Larima quoi
    la rime a rien
    L'amiral Larima
    l'amiral Rien

first step : as ksanarxisei na ta grafei monos tou

i bjork i bjork mu efage to Orc!

Ο χρήστης melan λέει:
    toulaxiston gamac kamia gkomena me tis intellectuel pipec pou grafeis h thn bgazeis me ton kathrefth sou palionarkisia?

Quote Originally Posted by MeLinDa
    twra exei arxisei na kanei k live h to eida ston ypno mou?
    album san to light of day dn 8a ksanavgei gia ton aploustato logo oti dn 8a nai ekplhksh.kati kalytero h xeirotero anamenetai...
    έκαναν live από LODDOD εποχή στάνταρ παίζοντας το ολόκληρο. έκπληξη ξε-έκπληξη αν είναι ισάξιο... =)

Quote Originally Posted by carlmikaze
    first step : as ksanarxisei na ta grafei monos tou
    Quote Originally Posted by VirusXI
    Tchort recently finished writing ....

■■

Tchort announce that the current line up of Green Carnation has split up

"Although releasing the amazing concert DVD 'A night under the Dam' earlier this year, the band felt drained of energy after the miserable organized USA tour put together by The End Records and their booking agent. The End Records being one of the main supporters of the band the last years, bringing hope back to Green Carnation's view on the music business, left the band with broken promises, huge debts, theft of license money and a poor organized tour draining the band for energy. The band doesn’t blame The End Records for all of its problems, but they made a bad situation worse by first giving the tour a green light when the conditions for the tour were doomed from the beginning and then later withdraw license money, merchandise money, merchandise and not paying the band or its sound engineer, leaving the band in debts. All of which could have been avoided by cancelling the tour before it started. The End Records lost money on the tour as well, so why it wasn’t cancelled when the contracts for the tour were offered to the label, is a unanswered question.

The deal for the tour was that Green Carnation would cover the flights to and from the USA, while the rest of the tour would be covered by The End Records and tour income. But in the end, the band covered the flights, their own fee, the fee of the sound engineer, some of the gas and hotel expenses during the tour, and paid for CD's that were sold during the tour. On top of that The End Records - withdraw the license money from the last album, took all the merch money and the CD's to cover their own losses. What The End Records had to gain from sending the band across the world, driving across the continent of America twice, just to come to a town where the local promoter haven’t been seen around for the last 4 months, or arrive at clubs that don’t even know you are coming, to clubs where the local promoter put up another show because the booking agent never replied to their booking confirmation so instead they went ahead and booked other tours on the same date.

In the end, it made the band members avoid live situations, tours and business partners. The band members felt they had little or nothing to give anymore, and I don’t blame them. I saw where we were heading and it wasn’t where we wanted to be at, so instead of ending up with a mediocre album, we decided to call it the quits after the most spectacular release we have produced so far; A Night Under the Dam on DVD.

Tchort will continue writing music under the name Green Carnation, but probably will never play live again with the band."

Για όσους βαριούνται να το διαβάσουν όλο ή δεν τα πάνε καλά με τα αγγλικά, το ΄χουμε βάλει και εδώ
    Deep in the night
    underneath the darkest skies
    searching for a sign or some distant light
    Screaming yet unheard
    repeating every line
    and every final word

They remain, they remain
    you still remain
    All these words and memories
    and everything you were to me
    they remain, they remain
    you still remain

Σκατα.
    They say we've got a lifetime, but we know that ain't true.