Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Return

Default Wolf's Return

Has anyone listened to the new Grand Magus album? I've listened to it a lot of times and I certainly like it more than Monument. It is definitely heavier but the doom feeling is always present. JB sings even better and Grand Magus this time decides to explore the heavy side of the moon! A much more different album compared to its predecessors...
    I'd like to hear some opinions on that...
    YOU DONT FIND YOUR WAY, THE WAY FINDS YOU...

i agree with you. quite soon i'll write a review of it if i don't get bored.... i think i like it more than monument (the s/t is my favourite). it's less doom, more epic and metal. sth between candlemass, manowar and bathory.. and it's heavy for sure!

We are left alone staring into the abyss, into the laughing face of madness.

Mediocre / uninspired / boring. But still sounds heavier than any lame true metal warrior.
    JB gave it all for Demons I suppose =P

■■

Quote Originally Posted by VirusXI
    Mediocre / uninspired / boring. But still sounds heavier than any lame true metal warrior.
    JB gave it all for Demons I suppose =P
    I'm dead sure than you will soon change your mind, George.
    The record is a brutal killer, amazing and breath taking. Yeah it's more heavy metal, but then what's wrong with that? Nothing at all if ya ask me. The epic tunes, the heaviness and the attitude are still there, so...WIELD YOUR SWORDS!
    Skal,
    Monday morning I open a beer and light a cigar, put my pen to paper and write, I hate you all.
    www.insidecharmers.com

Sorry, I don't think so. It sounded boring even from the first listening.

Thanx anyway Dimitra! I owe you a couple of cds ;p

■■

*tries to find the epic tunes, but instead he finds just mediocre songs (with some silly moments), some very good ones (but few, 1--2) a total lack of inspiration, riffs that any true (bad or not, but bad too) metal band could have written, not a single ounch from the heaviness that was glorified in Monument, and nothing to gives you the chills Monument gave. And of course if this album has any credential to be called "amazing" then i am probably listening to a different album. My question is why dont all you guys praise Sacred Steel? (for example). They have better riffs for sure..Oh and where are JB's ROAAAARS?*
    Experiment failed.
    YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. YOU ARE NOT BEAUTIFUL OR UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE. YOU'RE THE SAME DECAYING ORGANIC MATTER AS EVERYTHING ELSE. YOU ARE THE ALL-SINGING, ALL-DANCING CRAP OF THE WORLD.

HIPPIE METAL OR NO METAL AT ALL

don't be silly; no record, under the name of jb/grand magus/spiritual beggars/the ammotts/whoever, can come out being anything less than a "brutal killer".

Yeah, don't be silly, be a smartie like little cancer.
    Good thing is that scripta manent...
    The comparison betwwen Grand Magus and ...Sacred Steel is the least laughable. Anyway, listen to the album IN YOUR STEREO, not fucking mp3s, audio cds in your pc, listen to the production and then go on judging.
    Time tells anyway...
    P.S: Didn't you all just know that I am paid off by SB,GM or the Amott conspiracy to praise them eternally? Come on you knew that from the very beginning, when SB were selling 3 copies in Athens, come on now, tell me you were bloody sure about it...don't let me down...

End of conversation.
    Monday morning I open a beer and light a cigar, put my pen to paper and write, I hate you all.
    www.insidecharmers.com

My favourite Grand Magus album is still the first one but this one sounds by no means boring in my ears. There is a variety of songs that do not seem to repeat themselves, there are heavy riffs, doom and slow moments, melody and true power! I really enjoy listening to Wolf's Return but I guess it's a matter of personal taste, like everything else...

Have you bought the album or just download it? In case you have bought it, please inform me from where?
    The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams

I have downloaded it 'cause I couldn't wait till it comes here...Anyone who may see it in any store in Athens, please inform!

According to many sites, the album will be at the stores, near 14 of June. So at the middle of next week, it is possible to find it.

Ibouht it yesterday (Metropolis14.70). After 6 soundchecks in a row, i am more than sure, that this album is a strong evidence that the TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL lives on! Just great

Some posts of me talking about Demons (by mistake) have been deleted

■■

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy
    Ibouht it yesterday (Metropolis14.70). After 6 soundchecks in a row, i am more than sure, that this album is a strong evidence that the TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL lives on! Just great
    I bought it today, too! I like the artwork..